By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Silencing the Barbarians - Ryse: Son of Rome Demo (Offscreen)

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:

Grafix are great but it looks bad on other fronts.

Combat looks simple and extremly repetitive (but one has to play the game to know that for sure).

It's linear to the point that it looks almost on-rails.

It's too cinematic and has a very artificial feel. Everything is so obvious, so thought out and pre-determined. I hate the presentation.

The player doesn't seem to have free and total 360 degree control of the camera.

Overly critical and prejudice.

It looks amazing, no question, and I will persoanlly reserve judgement on gamplay until I have actually played it. 

I havent seen the same criticism of the Deep Down gameplay for some reason?

I am 100 percent your opinion concerning ryse, but deep down really was discussed with all the usual vgchartz excesses.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network

Graphics look amazing. And as a fan of Conan, Arkham, God of War, Darksiders, etc, gameplay looks great to me too.

dane007 said:
Aerys said:
Indeed, Graphics are not as impressive as people think they are considering the fact the game is taking place in 8x8 corridors.

That can be said to other games like Beyond and GOW series yet  they stll get praised for its graphics glory. Guess cause its a MS game its nothing special lol.

Beyond and GOW are running in a 6 years Old Hardware which is great for the visuals that it produced, whereas Ryse is running in new Gen Hardware and also its been in development for over 2 years because it was announced as Xbox360 title long time ago.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

this looks okay....Not sure about the gameplay though.

biglittlesps said:
dane007 said:
Aerys said:
Indeed, Graphics are not as impressive as people think they are considering the fact the game is taking place in 8x8 corridors.

That can be said to other games like Beyond and GOW series yet  they stll get praised for its graphics glory. Guess cause its a MS game its nothing special lol.

Beyond and GOW are running in a 6 years Old Hardware which is great for the visuals that it produced, whereas Ryse is running in new Gen Hardware and also its been in development for over 2 years because it was announced as Xbox360 title long time ago.

The only reason why Beyond looks good  is becaus eyou don't have the freedom to mov. Its just 10 horu game fileld with QTE and most of teh tiem teh ps3 has to only focuse on two peopel at a time sometimes one. Any console of this gen cna produce stunnign graphics if tehy only have to focus on two people at one time in a very limtied corridor of exploration. Thta same goes to GOW. The only tiem GOW graphics shine is when he fights iwth a boss or a titan sized boss and at that tiem its usally just him and teh boss and nothing else. This game for hack and slash looks good in all areas  and looks good with multiple enemies , not just two. GOW games when explorign looked okay and nothing compared when fightin with a titan sized boss.  If i remembered correctly Ryse at the start was flamed for having tonnes of QTEs yet Beyong  and its director is hailed as teh gaming god depsite teh entire games is reliant of QTe and lacks any sort of  deep gameplay.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
this looks okay....Not sure about the gameplay though.

What do you expect the romans to do ?? Do you expect them to arsenals of interchangeable weapons and god liek powers lol. This how the romans would have fought in those days.

Every time i see poeple saying Graphics current gen, combat meh etc, have actually Sony's products in their signature. Haven't seen any of MS game praised by any of these with Sony's sig, regardless graphics looks Next-Gen for sure. For game play w8 till game is out.
People complaining its looks cinenamatic, its what devs want it to be.

kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:

Grafix are great but it looks bad on other fronts.

Combat looks simple and extremly repetitive (but one has to play the game to know that for sure).

It's linear to the point that it looks almost on-rails.

It's too cinematic and has a very artificial feel. Everything is so obvious, so thought out and pre-determined. I hate the presentation.

The player doesn't seem to have free and total 360 degree control of the camera.

Overly critical and prejudice.

It looks amazing, no question, and I will persoanlly reserve judgement on gamplay until I have actually played it. 

I havent seen the same criticism of the Deep Down gameplay for some reason?

I admit I am overly critical. I hate to be that guy.

But speaking of Deap Down I am very sceptical of that game too. It seems to be a Dark Souls wanna-be, just much worse. But I also said that about Dragon's Dogma (a Dark Souls/Elder Scrolls wanna-be) and Dragon's Dogma turned out to be absolutely amazing.

Kow, do you have a relationship with Dragon's Dogma and RPGs in general?

Wow, I haven't kept up with the game since watching the disappointing e3 presentation and I admit it looks better
I am so glade they got rid of the QTE, reminds me of GOW now just without an asshole to play as!

MB1025 said:
Aerys said:

Yeah the beach scene was so 8x8.

Yeah,  look again, you'll see you cant go to the left because of boats  or to the right because you cant swim ( you can try to prove i'm wrong but you'll understand every gameplay we saw in SP says i'm right. )

In fact, MP has much bigger place than SP, but empty place compared to SP.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m