By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Silencing the Barbarians - Ryse: Son of Rome Demo (Offscreen)

Tagged games:

Crytek needs to keep their graphics team then fire everyone else...

Around the Network

Looks awesome

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Crytek needs to keep their graphics team then fire everyone else...

Actually they did fired everyone else. It is now the graphics team who are doing everything now. lol. Jokes aside critics improved RYSE a lot. Atleast its more playable compared to E3 demo.

kowenicki said:
I've gone from zero interest to day one.

Just with this footage?

Wow

I've gone from day one to day two back and forth since e3.

alright guys, besides those clipping problems the game has, it looks good and the combat isn't less deep than maybe god of war.
you don't know how those slow motion parts control. if you block attacks like in beyond i'd say thank you for this grade of depth. the hate this game receives slowly is not legitimate anymore.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network

Before I give my opinion about this video I want to say say these points about modern gaming.

1. We can slay hundreds of thousands of enemies by playing as a single character and we consider them as normal.
2. Game characters can carry tons of loot and none complains it being unrealistic.

Now my opinions about the video.

1. For some reasons it feels funny for a Roman general to roam around the game world alone and slay them one by another. It fells he is Roman general > turn > roman scout > turn > Roman ninja.
2. With that heavy armor and sword he is always running like usain bolt. This game wants to give you a real feeling and they are quite successful about it. From armor's movement to sound effect it gives real vibe but somehow it feels out of place.
3. There are some other things that I cant describe but seems out of place.

I know I am being dumb for putting comments like these. We can duck from attack and get healed in seconds or
carry the whole words weight but I expressed my view what I feel about this game and about this video in general. Those who are looking forward to RYSE dont listen to my comments. You guys have fun.

The game looks insanely good, the gameplay I would say looks quite good so this will be a really good showcase for X1 I hope :).

the visuals look freaking stunning.

kowenicki said:
JoeTheBro said:
kowenicki said:

Just with this footage?

Wow

No. With all the decent preview it's been getting. I don't follow that GAF herd of propaganda monkeys that are desperate to confirm they made the right group choice.  I have an open mind and actually read what people that have played it are saying.  So my interest has slowly built to it now being a day one. 

With all due respect, you're more inclined on giving games for a MS console a chance, rather than genuinely having an open mind. Let's be honest here.

kowenicki said:
Hynad said:
kowenicki said:
JoeTheBro said:
kowenicki said:

Just with this footage?

Wow

No. With all the decent preview it's been getting. I don't follow that GAF herd of propaganda monkeys that are desperate to confirm they made the right group choice.  I have an open mind and actually read what people that have played it are saying.  So my interest has slowly built to it now being a day one. 

With all due respect, you're more inclined on giving games for a MS console a chance, rather than genuinely having an open mind. Let's be honest here.

That's the same thing.... sorta.

I watched the original reveal and thought... no thanks. Now I want it. 

The gaf chumps will pick on any negative they can find of anything ONE related. It's kinds sad they need some external affirmation that they made the right choice. They must have such delicate egos.

All of them. Yeah...

You know where I stand. I have a wait and see approach when it comes to Ryse. But I love the visuals of the games a whole lot, even if I'm not a fan of the ancient Rome era.  My point was more to express how you have this kind of out-spoken interest when it comes to MS exclusive games but not so with any other consoles. 

I know you game on most consoles, like a lot of us here. But I think it's unfortunate that you fixate yourself on such petty details (like the bias of a website). This seem to be done more as a mean to justify your own choices and opinions rather than to express a legitimate complaint about their bias...