By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Beyond: Two souls really running on a PS3?

platformmaster918 said:
kupomogli said:
platformmaster918 said:

Actually the HD collection is the first time I'm gonna try Kingdom hearts.  I figured now is a good time since they finally announced 3 to see if I will get into it.  I've liked FF12 and all the Pokemons.  I would be willing to try them out if they're more action based.  That's one of the main reasons I'm willing to try KH HD.  Would categorize those games as fast or action based?  I just hate outright turn based RPGs and ones that required 200 hours of grinding.

They're action based.  Also up to four player in combat.  While there's a good chance that you'll never be able to pull off a combo like this on Graces F, here's a combo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrI7i0Qu-Q0

why wasn't the badguy fighting back at all?  Other than that looks kinda like my style.  We'll see how bad the Summer drought is because between all those PS3 games I mentioned plus Watch Dogs, Killzone, Knack, Driveclub (just cause it's free), Warframe, Planetside 2, Resogun, BF4, Infamous SS, Destiny, The Order 1886, the Crew, and some more I'm sure I'm forgetting that I'm getting for PS4 I'll be pretty busy through Summer.  Not to mention the other free games I'll be getting (mainly indies at first I'm sure) on Plus I don't think I'll have much spare time.

Notice after a certain amount of hits he  got s tun locked and then hit into the air a little bit.  Normally you don't start with the amount of attack points he does.  29?  I think I start with 10 and I've got to the end of the game.  Basically you have four level of attacks, one attack that goes into one of four level two, one of four level three, and one of four level four.  Asbel's secondary skill is his sword skills, so he'll draw his sword with o, and then his sword attacks might cost a certain amount of points.  There are other level 2, 3, and 4 attacks that you cost more points and you might hold the button down after using a level two attack for example.

Here's some regular non combo video battles.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkxTArTQKxw

That above is Tales of the Abysys.  PS3 game that's an HD Wii port.  Here's some from Xillia.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtYmM573bIs

Around the Network

literally just finished the demo aswell

thought it was pretty good, surprised i havent heard or seen much of it prior wasnt hyped or new much about it prior to playing the demo, if it wasnt for PS4 releasing around the corner and some rumors possibilities of a ps4 version id buy it on release but like gta5 im on a gaming hiatus now until the next gen transition takes place

reason graphics are so good is probably b/c QD are bringing some dev knowledge from the almighty beast ps4 to the ps3

Play Me

Can even the Wii U run this? Seriously it looks better than any 360, PS3, Wii U or Xbone game so far. 

Sensei said:

Can even the Wii U run this? Seriously it looks better than any 360, PS3, Wii U or Xbone game so far. 

Wha- You mention all those platforms, but don't mention Ps4?

BHR-3 said:
just finished the demo aswell

thought it was pretty good, surprised i havent heard or seen much of it prior, wasnt hyped or new much about it prior to playing the demo, if it wasnt for PS4 releasing around the corner and some rumors possibilities of a ps4 version id buy it on release but like gta5 im on a gaming hiatus now until the next gen transition takes place

reason graphics are so good is probably b/c QD are bringing some dev knowledge from the almighty beast ps4 to the ps3

look like i was right

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/7/4599020/beyond-two-souls-helped-by-ideas-from-ps4-development

like the OP i think its> tlou and any uncharted dont know bout the rest of the games mentioned here as i havent played em but i like the more realistic approach with B2S compared to the ND games

Play Me

Around the Network
Wright said:
Sensei said:

Yeah I think Killzone Shadowfall is the best looking console game ever (Second Son comes close too). So PS4 is out.

Sensei said:

Yeah I think Killzone Shadowfall is the best looking console game ever (Second Son comes close too). So PS4 is out.

Opinions are opinions, I guess.

So, just played.
Found the controls a bit difficult to handle, but oh my fucking god, technology that's seven year old should not be able to put out like that. Absolutely not. Ask any Geforce 7800 GTX or whatever the RSX is equal to.

It looks :O :O :O

And it feels :O :O :O

Very involving, emotional, and I swear to get it when I can afford it. :O

Plus, I like Ellen Page.

That is how you make a demo. And that is why Sony's first party efforts are not to be underestimated. QD what the hell are you gonna do next :O

Wright said:
Sensei said:

Dark Sorcerer says hello.

If you consider it a game I guess.

Meh, from what I've seen of recent youtubes the game has been way downgraded. Actual gameplay is not very impressive.

But from what I've seen every PS3 exclusives is declared the "best looking game ever" until the next one. for example Last of Us, now Beyond. Before that God of War, etc etc etc going back many years.