By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Beyond: Two souls really running on a PS3?

fallen said:
Meh, from what I've seen of recent youtubes the game has been way downgraded. Actual gameplay is not very impressive.

But from what I've seen every PS3 exclusives is declared the "best looking game ever" until the next one. for example Last of Us, now Beyond. Before that God of War, etc etc etc going back many years.

can't blame them for pushing more and more out of the hardware as the years have gone by

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Wright said:

Wha- You mention all those platforms, but don't mention Ps4?

Dark Sorcerer says hello.

If you consider it a game I guess.

But Ryse and Bayonetta 2 (I guess) would like a word too...

As I said, opinions are opinions, and no one can really be "wrong" or "right" when discussing something subjective. But if we are judging a game for its "realistic graphics", you can't go and say Killzone Shadowfall is better than Beyond, but Ryse ain't xD

Yes it is. Its not really techni ally impressive. Its essentially a point and click game. Just on console instead. I would expect the visuals to blow uncharted , forza horizon and halo 4 away.

Visuals dont tell a whole tech story. As a graphics demo with barely any other computations going on I would actually expect a bit better. Maybe not halo 4 cutscene level. But not far off.

selnor1983 said:
Its essentially a point and click game. Just on console instead.
As a graphics demo with barely any other computations going on I would actually expect a bit better.

selnor1983 said:
Yes it is. Its not really techni ally impressive. Its essentially a point and click game. Just on console instead. I would expect the visuals to blow uncharted , forza horizon and halo 4 away.

Visuals dont tell a whole tech story. As a graphics demo with barely any other computations going on I would actually expect a bit better. Maybe not halo 4 cutscene level. But not far off.

The more you post, the more dillusional you sound...................... the cut scenes also look better then halo 4..................

It is clear you don;t know anything about thr technical aspects of game development. If this were an xbox game, you would be saying 360 can look as good as ps3 or better.....

Around the Network
iamdeath said:

It is clear you don;t know anything about thr technical aspects of game development. If this were an xbox game, you would be saying 360 can look as good as ps3 or better.....

Eh, I don't agree with him but watch out with the generalizations. 360 games CAN be as good-looking as ps3, but it costs more (Halo 4 as an example) and it's more difficult since the specs are worse on the 360 than on Ps3.

selnor1983 said:

Did you play it? GET THE DEMO RIGHT NOW! It is not a point and click game, no way in hell man. It is pretty amazing, can´t wait for my copy to arrive. VerY diferent than my beloved HEAVY RAIN, but so freaking cool. Can´t wait.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

And, just a heads up to the Xbox nation: THIS IS NOT A F.P.S.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Just played the demo twice. Indeed i stopped at forest and rotated the camera around.... omg
I think Beyond is the most realistic game iv seen on a console! And it runs so smooth. I didnt notice any screen tearing aswell! They improved so much over Heavy rain:)

CGI-Quality said:
golfgt170 said:
Just played the demo twice. Indeed i stopped at forest and rotated the camera around.... omg
I think Beyond is the most realistic game iv seen on a console! And it runs so smooth. I didnt notice any screen tearing aswell! They improved so much over Heavy rain:)

You guys are really making this 3 day wait tough, but I can handle it!

Wait, you HAVEN'T tried the demo?