By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Beyond: Two souls really running on a PS3?

Good for it. I really hope it's successful. I loved Heavy Rain (never played Indigo) and have a lot of respect for the talent over at Quantic Dream.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Bristow9091 said:
"Is Beyond: Two souls really running on a PS3?"

... You just said you played the demo. On a PS3.

Wat.

But yeah, I've not played the demo, but it sure looks pretty, too bad I'm not buying the game due to us in EU getting the censored version.

It's weird they say it only affects 5-10 seconds of gameplay... why not just cut it from both versions, or redo the scene if it's only that short. That way you don't have to deal with the "censored" stigma for a whole region.

It isn't cut from the game, it just shows another angle (or something like that). Anyway, I've watched it (uncut only) and isn't anything special. I'll be missing way more than seconds because I won't replay the game doing all the possible options.

YESSS.. thank you so much for ur feedback. i always thought Heavy Rain was a contender for best graphics since it blew my mind away along with GOW3 and Uncharted 2 but it never got the praise it deserved tbh.

amazing to know that david cage hasn't lost his touch and i truly can't wait to receive my special edition to experience this EPIC adventure :D

kupomogli said:
platformmaster918 said:
PullusPardus said:
its not that it looks too good ,its "Next Gen" games that look so bad.

I'll still be getting Ratchet Nexus, Batman, KH HD, and Puppeteer on BF.  Also gotta get LoS2 in February.  That may be my last game.

What about Xillia 2 and Symphonia Collection?

isn't Xillia a JRPG?  Not gonna lie I don't even know what Symphonia collection is lol.  I don't really keep informed on Japanese games that well other than the big ones (MGS, Kingdom Hearts and such)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Bristow9091 said:

But yeah, I've not played the demo, but it sure looks pretty, too bad I'm not buying the game due to us in EU getting the censored version.

It's like a scene of what? 10seconds?

You can just watch that scene on youtube. It's absurd not to buy this game because 10seconds are removed from it..

Around the Network

Yes. That question comes up like twice a year.

4 ≈ One

I've said it a lot but I'm saying this again: Beyond will be the best-looking console game of the seventh generation.

Just wait until you see the first interactive movie from Quantic Dream on PS4! If that "wizard demo" they showed at E3 (I believe it was E3) is anything to go by their next interactive movie on PS4 will look pretty crazy!

After reading this thread I think I'm going to sell my 2 Ps4 pre-orders after realizing how many games I still need to buy on my Ps3 and I doubt I'd really play on the Ps4 since I barely play on my Ps3

God of War: Ascension is the best looking game this generation.

Bayond: Two Souls is the best looking interactive movie this generation.

It's hardly fair compare something that's mostly on rails with all the power of the PS3 used to make it look good because very little is going on in the actual gameplay department to hog resources and with very little to no enemies/nps on screen hogging power for their AI (apart from the scripted fights) to something like God of War III/A, TLoU, UC3, KZ3.