By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Beyond: Two souls really running on a PS3?

ishiki said:
Bristow9091 said:
"Is Beyond: Two souls really running on a PS3?"

... You just said you played the demo. On a PS3.

Wat.

But yeah, I've not played the demo, but it sure looks pretty, too bad I'm not buying the game due to us in EU getting the censored version.

It's weird they say it only affects 5-10 seconds of gameplay... why not just cut it from both versions, or redo the scene if it's only that short. That way you don't have to deal with the "censored" stigma for a whole region.

Why not just import the US version? Its region free so you should be able to play the uncensored no problem

Around the Network

us version has some nudity cutted

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

El_Machete said:
play gow: ascension, that has even better grafix. I just played it, but i have been watching videos for the demo scenes for more than a year now so... not surprised. Seriously though, rent it, buy it, dont care.

God of war ascension's graphics is close to RYSE (Not sarcasm. Please dont bully me for my opinion). It looked awesome. Too bad gameplay and story were average.

Gehirnkrampf said:

That seems to have been a mistake. No censorship in US

JoeTheBro said:
Gehirnkrampf said:

That seems to have been a mistake. No censorship in US

ah okay good. waiting for a import then.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network

Super excited for this. Any metacritic score >85 will lock a purchase. Hope it ends up being as good as I'm hoping. The initial trailer blew me away at E3 2012.

daredevil.shark said:
El_Machete said:
play gow: ascension, that has even better grafix. I just played it, but i have been watching videos for the demo scenes for more than a year now so... not surprised. Seriously though, rent it, buy it, dont care.

God of war ascension's graphics is close to RYSE (Not sarcasm. Please dont bully me for my opinion). It looked awesome. Too bad gameplay and story were average.

?... Story was average? Maybe it's just me but I thought the the story on all GoW's were average, it's the anger and frustration that Kratos has which I love and that was lacking in GoW: A. Cutscenes seemed uninspired in GoW: A nothing was exciting in terms of the cinematic parts unlike previous iterations nonetheless fun game.

OT:Beyond looks great! I'm still on the fence about buying it though, I absolutely loved Heavy Rain just something about Beyond feels off to me.

Those big black bars are helping a lot. Cool thing is, you barely notice them while playing. I do that sometimes on PC.

It does not run on a normal PS3.
It was developped on a overclocked DevKit. The demo has no other choice to overclock your PS3.

Bristow9091 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
ishiki said:
Bristow9091 said:
"Is Beyond: Two souls really running on a PS3?"

... You just said you played the demo. On a PS3.

Wat.

But yeah, I've not played the demo, but it sure looks pretty, too bad I'm not buying the game due to us in EU getting the censored version.

It's weird they say it only affects 5-10 seconds of gameplay... why not just cut it from both versions, or redo the scene if it's only that short. That way you don't have to deal with the "censored" stigma for a whole region.

Why not just import the US version? Its region free so you should be able to play the uncensored no problem

Three reasons:

1. My OCD won't allow me to import foreign versions of games

2. It'd cost more due to shipping

3. I don't support censorship in any way, shape or form, so I'm not going to support the developers/publishers for making this change... not even by buying it second hand...

Yeah, seems a bit over the top, but fuck it... I'll spend the money on a game that gives me the whole package for my money... and Dragon's Crown is out this month in EU, so yeah :)

So why is there "The Last of Us" in your trophy list?