By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon X/Y is the most pre-ordered 3DS game in Japan ever 1.26mil! (Does Not include the 4 Hardware Bundles

dsage01 said:
This might just be bigger than diamond and pearl...im shocked...I thought it was 1m Ww? 5m opening week locked on at this point

yes japan will be big, but dont forget everywhere else its 1 day of sales for FW, i say japan will get a little over 2mil FW and Everywhere else 2mil so 4mil lockdown! But i hope your right!

Around the Network

So 2-3 million sold week 1 in Japan confirmed?

US and Europe won't match that, but the first week matters more in Japan at this time of year, since US and Europe sales will stay steady and then get HUGE again around Christmas.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

The preorders including bundles, digital could be close to 2mil!!! And we all know a ton of people (like me) will buy it on launch without preorder lol

tbone51 said:
dsage01 said:
This might just be bigger than diamond and pearl...im shocked...I thought it was 1m Ww? 5m opening week locked on at this point

yes japan will be big, but dont forget everywhere else its 1 day of sales for FW, i say japan will get a little over 2mil FW and Everywhere else 2mil so 4mil lockdown! But i hope your right!

I don't hope I'm right. I hope this game flops and no one buys a pokemon game again because imho I think all pokemon games are bullshit

benao87 said:

Whats the most pre-ordered DS game?

In Japan, If I remember correctly, Dragon Quest IX had over 2,000,000 preorders

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
tbone51 said:
dsage01 said:

I don't hope I'm right. I hope this game flops and no one buys a pokemon game again because imho I think all pokemon games are bullshit

Care to elaborate?  What makes Pokemon any more bullshit than other franchises?

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
dsage01 said:

Care to elaborate?  What makes Pokemon any more bullshit than other franchises?

It's teh GTA'z and Bane'z bro.

That should you tell you.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

dsage01 said:
tbone51 said:
dsage01 said:

lol, guess your in for a crazy ride cuz that will never happen. Pokemon XY will prove to critics handheld gaming is still alive

Meret said:
benao87 said:

Whats the most pre-ordered DS game?

In Japan, If I remember correctly, Dragon Quest IX had over 2,000,000 preorders

Wow, impressive. Thanks for the info.

Is anyone surprised?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046