By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sales predictions

Soundwave said:
Lawlight said:
daredevil.shark said:
Shortiloe said:
While Mario Kart Wii already sold 33. Million according to vgchartz on Wii, and has sold 9 Million on 3DS so far, I predict it can sell 15 Million. Very high I know, but I'm optimistic. ^^

I think you are right. Games like mario kart are system seller. So 15 million is a possibility.

So is NSMB. What happened on the WiiU?

NSMB suddenly doesn't count ;). 

Its obviously the exception, not the rule. See they are a looking at many games, you guys are just focused on the one that fits your Nintendo hate agenda. They are talking about MK and in order to hate, you bring in a different game in an attempt to derail the thread.

Hmm I am pretty sure that trying to derail a thread is a bannable offense.

If its bundled and Wii u sales take off it could sell 10-30 million lifetime. I guess it just depends on how it is received.

Around the Network

i think it will do 10m+ easily

Lawlight said:
daredevil.shark said:
Shortiloe said:
While Mario Kart Wii already sold 33. Million according to vgchartz on Wii, and has sold 9 Million on 3DS so far, I predict it can sell 15 Million. Very high I know, but I'm optimistic. ^^

I think you are right. Games like mario kart are system seller. So 15 million is a possibility.

So is NSMB. What happened on the WiiU?

already sold 2,5mil. 

Click HERE and be happy 

9.5m sounds about right to me.

I think 16 million copies

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

what do u mean no change? Those were launch titles

The rest of the year has Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, 3D Mario, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Zumba Fitness and next year has Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and possibly Zelda/Wii Play/Mario Party. If those games dont boost hardware sales then Its safe to say Wii U will never see a turnaround.

So, those franchises are big only if they're not launch titles? Btw, a new Just Dance is coming next week for the WiiU. Will that boost sales?

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

what do u mean no change? Those were launch titles

The rest of the year has Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, 3D Mario, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Zumba Fitness and next year has Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and possibly Zelda/Wii Play/Mario Party. If those games dont boost hardware sales then Its safe to say Wii U will never see a turnaround.

So, those franchises are big only if they're not launch titles? Btw, a new Just Dance is coming next week for the WiiU. Will that boost sales?

Thats not what I was implying. U said they didnt change anything, but they were there from the beginning, so how could they possibly change anything?

I doubt Just Dance will do a whole lot until there are more games on Wii U that appeal to that audience. Based off of Just Dance 4 sales, the majority of fans are still on Wii. This year Wii U has Just Dance, Wii Fit, and Zumba so that could lure some of that crowd over.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

probably a max of 10 million. Would be awesome to see Mario Kart Wii numbers again. Finally bought that game, and it is addicting.

1doesnotsimply

12 million

I am going to guess it sells 9mil lifetime assuming a 30% attach ratio like others. The Wii built up a userbase whose majority will probably never buy another console again. Definitely not for sequels. These games will certainly get the bulk of nintendo fans to finally buy the console, but Nintendo will need to create new experiences if they want to have any chance at winning back the casuals.

Let's not forget that the gamecube only managed to sell 20million units despite having a super smash bros, mario kart, 3d mario, two mainline zeldas, a bunch of mario parties, and was equally powerful as its competition.