By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii U petition

fatslob-:O said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
I don't see whats so graphically intensive about this game. It has no tessellation and is using cel shaders.

What we saw at E3 is not even close to what the final product will be.  Tetsuya already said the game will have production values similar to FFXV.

I doubt square enix would seriously alienate the fanbase seeing as how cel shading is the series staple.

Cel Shaders are not a KH staple. The graphics are quite cartoony and colorful, sure, but not cel-shaded.

I wouldn't expect anything thats too different than any ol' KH before it, adjusted for next-gen graphics of course. Nomura knows what he's doing.

Also, even if this gets the 20000 it needs, I doubt SE will look over it. It's not all that many people.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
I don't see whats so graphically intensive about this game. It has no tessellation and is using cel shaders.

What we saw at E3 is not even close to what the final product will be.  Tetsuya already said the game will have production values similar to FFXV.

I doubt square enix would seriously alienate the fanbase seeing as how cel shading is the series staple.

I never said it won't have cell shading, I said it will have production values similar to FFXV.  You can make a game with cell shading that still has an impense amount of detail.  

Xen said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Cel Shaders are not a KH staple. The graphics are quite cartoony and colorful, sure, but not cel-shaded.

I wouldn't expect anything thats too different than any ol' KH before it, adjusted for next-gen graphics of course. Nomura knows what he's doing.

Also, even if this gets the 20000 it needs, I doubt SE will look over it. It's not all that many people.

Excuse me but I think it's toon shading ?

Xen said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Toon shading? First time I hear of something like that. Unless that means overshadowing somebody with Disney cartoon characters

That joke probably sucked, but what the hell..

Xen said:
Xen said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Toon shading? First time I hear of something like that. Unless that means overshadowing somebody with Disney cartoon characters

That joke probably sucked, but what the hell..

Relax and BTW I think the idea of toon shading exists but I also think that cel shading is a subset of toon shading also. Kingdom hearts definitely doesn't look like it's using plastic shaders so correct me if I'm wrong.

Around the Network

http://playeressence.com/final-fantasy-15-and-kingdom-hearts-3-use-directx-11-so-wii-u-chances-are-slim/

A quick google will tell you that toon shading = cel shading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel_shading .

Plastic shading, I have no idea of that either... but whatever.

Chevinator123 said:
http://playeressence.com/final-fantasy-15-and-kingdom-hearts-3-use-directx-11-so-wii-u-chances-are-slim/

It has been discussed in a hugeass thread @ announcement time that the Wii U does in fact support DX11 features...

I was surprised it was gonna be on the wiiU since KH is mostly on Sony/Nintendo Platform...

Oh well... we got X, Fire Emblem and SMT X FE if it doesn't make it so not the end of the world... since this will have Valve release times

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

923 signatures baby! Next week it will have 1054, making progress!