By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda ALBW will allow you to beat dungeons in any order - Gameplay

Any order

Any order 27 31.03%

Zelda NES is back 30 34.48%

You can't fool me, that's Nabbit 23 26.44%

I don't like it 5 5.75%

Less linear? Ugh 2 2.30%

Total:87

Consider my interest level raised.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

I think that the idea or doing the dungeons in the order you want is good, but ceoncerning the showith all the items, I'm more sceptical.

There won't be surprises concerning items, and How do you do if you take some items, and you lack one to complete a dungeon, you go out to re-take it ? No, seriously... don't understand. Let's wait just a few weeks now.

Yoshi's the best of the beasts

I am curious as very excited about this game. The concept of doing dungeons in any order and renting items I would need to see or experience before judging though.

yoshidino said:

I think that the idea or doing the dungeons in the order you want is good, but ceoncerning the showith all the items, I'm more sceptical.

There won't be surprises concerning items, and How do you do if you take some items, and you lack one to complete a dungeon, you go out to re-take it ? No, seriously... don't understand. Let's wait just a few weeks now.

I'm going to assume that whatever items you need to complete the dungeon will also be required to reach that dungeon, or at least find out what item(s) you need early on. There might also still be items found throughout the story, ones not available at the shop.
There have been plenty of items over the course of the Zelda games that weren't found in dungeons, nor were they needed to complete the game, so you could still get your 'surprise' concerning items.

It might be nice if they cut the progression into 3 parts.

• Introduction to the story and a small dungeon, eventually leading to the shop.
  • Series of dungeons completed depending on which items you get first until you get all items available.
  • Trio of dungeons to be completed at will, requiring all purchasable items.

A little bit overkill on the dungeons but perhaps it would be nice to have a couple of them that need all items to progress.

Interesting.... I guess what this will do is make the player figure out what dungeon item is needed for each dungeon.

Around the Network
anonymunchy said:
yoshidino said:

I'm going to assume that whatever items you need to complete the dungeon will also be required to reach that dungeon, or at least find out what item(s) you need early on. There might also still be items found throughout the story, ones not available at the shop.
There have been plenty of items over the course of the Zelda games that weren't found in dungeons, nor were they needed to complete the game, so you could still get your 'surprise' concerning items.

It might be nice if they cut the progression into 3 parts.

• Introduction to the story and a small dungeon, eventually leading to the shop.
  • Series of dungeons completed depending on which items you get first until you get all items available.
  • Trio of dungeons to be completed at will, requiring all purchasable items.

A little bit overkill on the dungeons but perhaps it would be nice to have a couple of them that need all items to progress.

You convinced me :) All your ideas are good and have to be part of the game !

Yoshi's the best of the beasts

Seems like Nintendo missed a golden opportunity for a pay2play game.

forest-spirit said:
Seems like Nintendo missed a golden opportunity for a pay2play game.

Lets hope they never start doing that.

I really wasn't expecting to see this kind of thing implemented in Zelda already. Aonuma's been talking about how they were researching that kind of gameplay and experimenting with it, but I assumed that was something that would be done in Zelda U, which ought to be a ways off yet. Very neat they're doing this in ALBW now! Can't wait to see how this will turn out!

I'm sure Nintendo will be watching closely how this plays out when people start playing it; I'm guessing this is some sort of experiment of them to gauge how people feel, so they can implement/change it for Zelda U. Like how they said WW HD is sort of a test-case for Zelda U, too.

Also, the game looks very nice, imo. Cool style, and the cutscenes seem better than I was expecting, too! Just waiting for Pokemon XY to release so Nintendo can be done with it and start hyping this game, finally

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I love it. Lets hope in a limited 3ds xl too

Switch!!!