By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NHL thread: Updated standings!

Tagged games:

Are suspensions getting ridiculous?

Yes 26 45.61%

No 27 47.37%

Total:53

Most of the series seem pretty close right now. The Canadians were the only team to win in 4 and the Bruins were the only ones to win in 5. The Blackhawks look like they'll wrap things up today but I'm sure we'll see a few teams go all the way to 7 games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
LOL! If that fight occurred Chara should get two majors because how lopsided it would have been. Love the linesmen darting in. I doubt he wanted to explain a death in a game he was officiating.

It was Smith who was instigating, though.  *chuckle*  That's why Chara was laughing, probably shocked the little man chose...of all people, Chara to try and fight.

mornelithe said:
LOL! If that fight occurred Chara should get two majors because how lopsided it would have been. Love the linesmen darting in. I doubt he wanted to explain a death in a game he was officiating.

It was Smith who was instigating, though.  *chuckle*  That's why Chara was laughing, probably shocked the little man chose...of all people, Chara to try and fight.

Regardless of who was instigating chara would have definitely been able to get two fights worth out of it lol.

mornelithe said:

Regardless of who was instigating chara would have definitely been able to get two fights worth out of it lol.

I had visions of the fight between Loki and Hulk from Avenger's when I saw that unfolding lol.  It would've been UGLY.  Wonder what Reilly Smith was thinking at the time.

Interesting factoid, Milan Lucic is currently 2 pts behind Henrik Zetterberg for the active all-time playoff +/- leaders. Could very easily pass him in the upcoming Habs series.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leaders/plus_minus_active_p.html

Around the Network

I don't know what St. Louis did to upset the hockey gods. This team and their fans don't deserve this bullshit.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

St Louis lost 10 of their last 12 games. Before playoffs started i told everyone that was the team I wanted first round. Hopefully Wild can at least force a game seven and beat up the avs a little more.

hollabackenny said:
Miller isn't quite living up to the hype now is he?

no he didnt. How long of a contract did he have?

hollabackenny said:
Miller isn't quite living up to the hype now is he?

no he didnt. How long of a contract did he have?

I was just referencing a funny conversation that happened in this thread. He posted a .903SV% in the season and a .897SV% in the playoffs. 

I think this was the last year of his contract though. 

has any of the big names at the traded work out so far? Legwand is out. Miller is out. Gabroik or however you spell it is almost out. St Louis at least avoided a sweep in Tampa but you know that really wasnt what they wanted. He requested it because he was being a baby about not making the olypic team that he played for anyway