By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NHL thread: Updated standings!

Tagged games:

Are suspensions getting ridiculous?

Yes 26 45.61%

No 27 47.37%

Total:53
Hynad said:

While not as impressive, that goal reminded me of Bourque's goal in Montreal's second game against Tampa:

Great skating goal too. I am impressed. I am more impressed Tampa looks like they will be swept.

Around the Network

Post one of those gifs or whatever that you guys do with Granlund getting that OT winner!

Post one of those gifs of Reaves throwing kidney shots. Seriously, Reaves should be suspended for each kidney shot he threw and how the fucking refs could allow that is beyond me. Reaves wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it. Refs should get suspended too

Gotta give Granlund credit, that was an incredible effort play to put the wild over the avs tonight against Varly who had been playing out of his mind.  Avs had no business being in the game in the first place and Varly pretty much willed them to overtime single handedly.  Don't know if it's the inexperience showing now but the avs were flat, they were slow to the puck, soft with their passes and just seemed lethargic at times.  The wild deserve a lot of credit for that, they played a physical, up tempo (and at times downright dirty) game and the avs could not respond.  Kuemper played well too, obviously since he pitched a shutout, in light of the goalie change, though he didn't face anywhere near the same pressure Bryz did in the first two games.

And, of course, Cooke needs to be suspended.  That was one of the most blatant, dirty knee-to-knee hits I have ever seen, nothing else needs to be said about it.

Kuemper seemed confident, he has proven himself before and I'm glad to see him playing well.

Was hoping the Cooke hit was accidental because I believed that he had changed his ways and he's been good all year but then I saw the replay and it's a definite suspension. Broadziak will likely take his place Thursday after being a scratch tonight which kinda sucks because Cooke plays a lot better.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Post one of those gifs of Reaves throwing kidney shots. Seriously, Reaves should be suspended for each kidney shot he threw and how the fucking refs could allow that is beyond me. Reaves wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it. Refs should get suspended too

What about this shot? Are you mad he got suspended?

Hynad said:
Max King of the Wild said:

What about this shot? Are you mad he got suspended?

No, I'm mad that refs let players blantantly take kidney shots in order for hits like that to be neccessary in the playoffs. Blackhawks were one of the least penalized teams in the season. blues one of the most. 8.5min/game vs 14.2min/game. For some reason the mentality in the playoffs is to let them play... which benefits teams that play dirty and penalize teams that play clean.

Montreal swept Tampa Bay!!! Go Habs Go!

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
Montreal swept Tampa Bay!!! Go Habs Go!

HELL YEAH!!!!!

Jesus, Tampa Bay fell apart. I look forward to playing Montreal after we beat Detroit ;)

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.