By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NHL thread: Updated standings!

Tagged games:

Are suspensions getting ridiculous?

Yes 26 45.61%

No 27 47.37%

Total:53

Kuemper has to be on fire for the Wild or else this series is done Thursday.

Around the Network
cheshirescat said:

Well, MacKinnon is averaging more than a point per period so far in the playoffs.  Given, it's just two games (his first two, as a rookie), but it's still impressive.  But not as impressive as that line with him, Statsny and Landeskog, talking heads said that line is +5 so far.

Still, avs allow way too many shots on net.

I just watched Mac all season and he was not the main reason the Avs made the playoffs though he is a large part. He has looked like he is in Hulk mode for two great games of course. 

The avs defense is the well known weak point. They just make up for it by being a big part of the offense. I am not worried the Avalanche have a lot of cap space to improve the D later. For now, they got Varly to save them most of the time.

Oh and guess which team had the best road record in the regular season Wild people?

hollabackenny said:

I will consider it impresive if he keeps the avs below two goals. It is hard to do to the avs, but if he does that he is giving the wild a chance. 

3 games for seabrook..

chocoloco said:
hollabackenny said:

I will consider it impresive if he keeps the avs below two goals. It is hard to do to the avs, but if he does that he is giving the wild a chance. 

He'll be a lot better than Bryz, I can tell you that much. 

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
chocoloco said:
hollabackenny said:

He'll be a lot better than Bryz, I can tell you that much. 

Boyle looks good and he can score goals!

I wonder what it was like for Brendan Smith to see his life flash before his eyes.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

chocoloco said:
cheshirescat said:

Well, MacKinnon is averaging more than a point per period so far in the playoffs.  Given, it's just two games (his first two, as a rookie), but it's still impressive.  But not as impressive as that line with him, Statsny and Landeskog, talking heads said that line is +5 so far.

Still, avs allow way too many shots on net.

I just watched Mac all season and he was not the main reason the Avs made the playoffs though he is a large part. He has looked like he is in Hulk mode for two great games of course. 

The avs defense is the well known weak point. They just make up for it by being a big part of the offense. I am not worried the Avalanche have a lot of cap space to improve the D later. For now, they got Varly to save them most of the time.

Oh and guess which team had the best road record in the regular season Wild people?

Of course MacKinnon isn't the main reason for the avs success this year (I give a lion's share of that to Roy), but for a rookie, damn.  If he can produce even a fraction of what he is showing right now on the ice on a consistent basis then he has one hell of a career ahead of him.  And to think I was disappointed the avs took him over Seth Jones in the draft, he's making me eat some crow and I couldn't be happier about it.

I believe the avs took nine out of ten possible points from the wild this season.  I'm going to be watching the game at the pepsi center on their new titantron, and I have tickets for game five, though I wouldn't mind if it doesn't come to that.

chocoloco said:

The analysts for the National game treated the Avalanche like they were the Colorado MAcKinnons after last nights performance. It was kind of over blown to me. I will see, but Mickinnon looks to be a big game superstar. He was last year for the Moose Heads. 

While not as impressive, that goal reminded me of Bourque's goal in Montreal's second game against Tampa:

cheshirescat said:
chocoloco said:

Of course MacKinnon isn't the main reason for the avs success this year (I give a lion's share of that to Roy), but for a rookie, damn.  If he can produce even a fraction of what he is showing right now on the ice on a consistent basis then he has one hell of a career ahead of him.  And to think I was disappointed the avs took him over Seth Jones in the draft, he's making me eat some crow and I couldn't be happier about it.

I believe the avs took nine out of ten possible points from the wild this season.  I'm going to be watching the game at the pepsi center on their new titantron, and I have tickets for game five, though I wouldn't mind if it doesn't come to that.

The fact that he is so young is crazy, yes. He has yet to even put on a lot of muscle for a shorter NHLer like Duchene has. I was looking forward to Jones too due to his connections to Colorado and him wanting to be a part of this team. It is good to have guys like Stasny and Duchene who want to be here as to keep them happy here  long term. Mackinnon was so hyped though I quickly decided what the hell the team has always looked to be a high scoring team first and they should continue that tradition. Nothing to complain about much in the team all this year in retrospect. 

I hope you miss the game too so you can go to a later rounds playoff game!