Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battle Of The BEst GTAV vs LAST of US

What is GOTY

GTA V 186 26.80%

LASt OF US 457 65.85%

something else (specify) 51 7.35%

Total:694
Mr Puggsly said:
A_C_E said:

If you go to TLoU's title screen - Bonuses - Gallery - Cinematics, you will find all the cutscenes within the game, I have it up now in fact and wouldn't you know, the longest scene is 7 minutes. I guess you found an easter egg or extra hidden DLC there budz. Funny, I don't remember many puzzles in the game, who's nitpicking?

Some Sony fans get annoying when you don't care for their favorite games.

And Xbox fans and Nintendo fans are always content, if you rag on their Halo or their Mary-O and attempt to state your opinion as a fact they are completely okay with it they never try to make a big deal out of things. Oh wait a minute.

OT: Both games are amazing and two of the best this generation no question, it comes down to preference and I love both. Though the disaster that is GTO is absolutely unacceptable, once things are fixed it will be a blast though for now its a complete and utter mess.

Around the Network

It is whether or not you prefer an open free roaming game like GTA V  that offers gamers freedom and choice or a linear, scripted CGI cut scene game with better story telling like The Last of Us. I personally prefer open free roaming game and care little about CGI and scripted story telling. I would rather play a game for fun than watch/play a game that tries to be a movie-video game. 

Mr Puggsly said:
A_C_E said:

If you go to TLoU's title screen - Bonuses - Gallery - Cinematics, you will find all the cutscenes within the game, I have it up now in fact and wouldn't you know, the longest scene is 7 minutes. I guess you found an easter egg or extra hidden DLC there budz. Funny, I don't remember many puzzles in the game, who's nitpicking?

7 minutes? You actually had your stop watching running between action scenes? Nonsense.

I don't consider hidden crap much value.

You're the one nitpicking. Go read your paragraphs if you need proof.

Some Sony fans get annoying when you don't care for their favorite games. Seriously, get over it. Many people feel GTAV is the better game, your whining isn't gonna convince anyone.

What? Stopwatch? The game tells you how long each cutscene is. If you go to title menu - Bonuses - Gallery - Cinematics, it will tell you how long the cinematic is. What's nonsensical about it? Lol.

I was being sarcastic about the hidden crap, I was insinuating that you had found some 'secret' cinematic in the game that was longer than 7 minutes. (doesn't exist).

I don't need to re-read my posts to tell you that I listed many things about both GTA and TLoU and the only thing you could come up with is the 'long' cutscenes in TLoU and all the boring puzzles. Well there aren't any 'long' cutscenes and there aren't many puzzles if any at all so who's nitpicking?

It's funny because you mention Sony fans in response to me. I'm playing GTA 5 on my 360 right now, it's the console I buy all my multiplats on. People like you get annoying when you start thinking that just because someone puts in their two cents about a game on the PS3 it somehow means they are strictly PS gamers. I'm a gamer, not a PS gamer, I own and enjoy both. I'm not whining and calling people fans of a certain system here and I don't feel like I'm being too forward, but if you feel that way then sorry. Dont ask or tell someone to get over something they barely had to lift a finger on. I just like debating and I always end up telling people on message boards this.

A_C_E said:

It's funny because you mention Sony fans in response to me. I'm playing GTA 5 on my 360 right now, it's the console I buy all my multiplats on. People like you get annoying when you start thinking that just because someone puts in their two cents about a game on the PS3 it somehow means they are strictly PS gamers. I'm a gamer, not a PS gamer, I own and enjoy both. I'm not whining and calling people fans of a certain system here and I don't feel like I'm being too forward, but if you feel that way then sorry. Dont ask or tell someone to get over something they barely had to lift a finger on. I just like debating and I always end up telling people on message boards this.

Quoted for beauty and truth. 

A_C_E said:

What? Stopwatch? The game tells you how long each cutscene is. If you go to title menu - Bonuses - Gallery - Cinematics, it will tell you how long the cinematic is. What's nonsensical about it? Lol.

I was being sarcastic about the hidden crap, I was insinuating that you had found some 'secret' cinematic in the game that was longer than 7 minutes. (doesn't exist).

I don't need to re-read my posts to tell you that I listed many things about both GTA and TLoU and the only thing you could come up with is the 'long' cutscenes in TLoU and all the boring puzzles. Well there aren't any 'long' cutscenes and there aren't many puzzles if any at all so who's nitpicking?

Ohhhhhh... you aren't including the dialogues while you play but no action is occuring. Yeah... that's what I'm talking about.

You aren't debating, you are nitpicking GTAV but not TLOU. I could ramble on like you about all my gripes with TLOU, but in a nutshell I found it to be incredibly boring and disappointing. I enjoyed the story and that's about it. Now move along.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:

And Xbox fans and Nintendo fans are always content, if you rag on their Halo or their Mary-O and attempt to state your opinion as a fact they are completely okay with it they never try to make a big deal out of things. Oh wait a minute.

OT: Both games are amazing and two of the best this generation no question, it comes down to preference and I love both. Though the disaster that is GTO is absolutely unacceptable, once things are fixed it will be a blast though for now its a complete and utter mess.

Xbox and Nintendo fans generally aren't as agressive. Anyone not a Sony fan would probably agree.

No, both games are not amazing. One is and its called GTAV. :-p

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Cj2i3 said:

Xbox and Nintendo fans generally aren't as agressive. Anyone not a Sony fan would probably agree.

No, both games are not amazing. One is and its called GTAV. :-p

Generalize all you want. Xbox fans and Nintendo fans aren't aggressive? Really I bet I can find threads and posts that show otherwise.

So than generally speaking you would agree that Xbox fans are not open-minded? I'm just speaking based on the conversations we've had.

Yeah your right one had a fully functioning online component on release day, while the other has a completely broken and none functional online component 16 days after release. TLoU truly shows why Naughty Dog is the best studio in gaming with 3 games posting a 90%+ metacritic and 2 games rated higher than any Xbox exclusive.

Cj2i3 said:

Generalize all you want. Xbox fans and Nintendo fans aren't aggressive? Really I bet I can find threads and posts that show otherwise.

So than generally speaking you would agree that Xbox fans are not open-minded? I'm just speaking based on the conversations we've had.

Yeah your right one had a fully functioning online component on release day, while the other has a completely broken and none functional online component 16 days after release. TLoU truly shows why Naughty Dog is the best studio in gaming with 3 games posting a 90%+ metacritic and 2 games rated higher than any Xbox exclusive.

No, I said they, "generally aren't as agressive."

Yes, Xbox fans are not open-minded. That's the kind of thing I would expect an aggressive Sony fan to say. :-p

GTAV's online features are broken right now because many people are actually attempting to use it. Mega selling games with online play often have trouble early on. As less and less people play online the servers will work fine. TLoU didn't have this issue because its not a mega selling game and maybe not many people attempted to play online at launch.

Recently Completed

Cj2i3 said:

Yes, Xbox fans are not open-minded. That's the kind of thing I would expect an aggressive Sony fan to say. :-p

GTAV's online features are broken right now because many people are actually attempting to use it. Mega selling games with online play often have trouble early on. As less and less people play online the servers will work fine. TLoU didn't have this issue because its not a mega selling game and maybe not many people attempted to play online at launch.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Cj2i3 said:

CoD is a massive selling game, doesn't need 14 days to fine tune things and is serviceable from the get go. Aggressive Sony fan, where am I being aggressive I thought we were having a friendly discussion? And FYI I just like good games/products I'm not a fan of any of the 3 companies and I criticize and applaud all 3. So again thank you puggster you are the not really but kind of the epitome of a kind of not open-minded gamer and I applaud your one-sided arguments for what its worth :)!

EDIT: Off-topic saw you said something about Splinter-Cell:BL. Sir Puggsly if we weren't discussing/arguing right now would you recommend Splinter Cell blacklist for 40$ dollars or should I wait for when its 20$?