By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft’s Cloud based streaming service is called “Rio”

theprof00 said:

So, unless you can prove that Sony's service is incompetant when it hasn't even released yet, there is really no further argument to be made.....unless we want to continue making theories and assumptions, which will simply end up as a waste of both of our time.

And that's what I called him out about.

He makes statements and pushes them as fact when he doesn't have the information to back them up

He just doesn't seem to understand the concept of proof or stfu

Around the Network
Subie_Greg said:
theprof00 said:

So, unless you can prove that Sony's service is incompetant when it hasn't even released yet, there is really no further argument to be made.....unless we want to continue making theories and assumptions, which will simply end up as a waste of both of our time.

He makes statements and pushes them as fact when he doesn't have the information to back them up

Well, you know, it's been said the feeling of being wrong feels exactly like the feeling of being right.

theprof00 said:
Machiavellian said:
theprof00 said:
machiavelli, thanks for ypur response which still fails to address any of what i said nor acknowledge that you do not know what my poiny is yet again.
told status:
knights of the told republic.
007 toldeneye
no country for told men
24 karat told

I have already figured out that no matter what I say, I will always fail to address any of your points because you ignore them.

I haven't ignored a single thing you've said. I've corrected you.

You corrected me on things I wasn't saying. I restated my point...over and over and over. You've danced around it, continuing an argument about something I didn't say. I call you on that, saying you're obviously not reading the thread because you're correcting me on things I'm not saying. You deny that, making implications that I'm a fanboy or that I can't understand your point because I'm blinded by bias. I pull out your posts again, showing how you're not ackowledging me. You proceed to quote someone else, saying that I said "MS is pulling the wool over our eyes", when I never said that...making this huge post about how I had an initial point and then swerved off into many other points that you were addressing.

And you couldn't even point out these other points I was making.

I point out how you are now confirming that you can't even keep track of what is being said. You say 'oh, you didn't say it but that doesn't matter'.

So yeah...better luck painting someone else as a fanboy. Cuz you did a shit job with it against me. 

I guess the only real thing you can argue, the only valid argument piece against my point, was that Sony may not have enough datacenters. This is the only valid argument against mine because my point was that MS doesn't actually need 300k servers for xb1. I proposed they could get by with far less, and I still believe that's true. Which stems right from my point that Sony doesn't need to have as much invested as MS to provide the service they are advertising...as opposed to MS who is advertising a whole lot more.

You could argue that I simply don't know enough....which you have. But it still follows that Sony might have enough for what they need, evidenced by the fact that Gaikai already won many awards and has run well for two years already....on top of which that Sony has continued investing in it.

@Bolded:  Do you even hear yourself.  You keep acting as if your point of view which is an opinion is somehow irrefutable.  This is the theme of your over and over again opinion which boils down to "Well Sony could do anything we just don't know".  "Sony could have enough servers, Sony could have enough datacenters".  To swing around that same point I could say "Sony probably does not have enough servers, Sony probably donot have enough datacenters" both are the same type of argument.  So what eactly are you basing your opinion on.  Where is this confidence that Sony has what it takes to bring a solid quality of service to the Gaikai platform. Can you provide any type of evidense that Sony just "Have enough to do the job".  Right now, all I get from you is that Sony might be able to do something.  I would consider that a very weak argument to stand on if thats all you can provide.

I have given a clear list of advantages that MS has within the cloud space to support their streaming service.  I have listed why I believe they have enough infrastructure to provide a good quality of service.  There is tons of examples and links I have provided for my opinion.  

Subie_Greg said:
Machiavellian said:

Come on man, you are making excuses.  This is not what you stated.  Let me quote it for you to jog your memory.  Here is what you highlighted from my Post

" A cloud service is more than just a bunch of servers, the software that runs it is just as important and takes years to perfect.  Just forgetting about everything esle that makes a complete cloud service ignores the complexity of such a system.  Combine that software for distributed apps with a whole lot of servers gives MS an advantage in this space that is greater at this time than Sony. "

So tell me what is inaccurate about that statement.  

Dude the conversation is over. You already said you were just throwing out theory's, not facts

The underlined part is my point in this paragraph. 

Inaccurate or "WRONG" was never my point. You don't know/have the information about what Sony is or has in order to say they are at a disadvantage. 

You keep saying prove I'm correct or incorrect. 

It's not one or the other

Just simply that YOU don't have the necessary information to make claims as fact or to back them up.

You don't have the necessary information. Do you understand now???

That's all

Whatever man, we all just throw out theories based on facts.  What you have not done is provide anything more than a baseless comment, you could not support, did not have the time to address or even make an effort to refute what I stated.

@Bolded:  Are you telling me that Sony has anything close to Azure.  Are you telling me that Sony has the expertise on the same level as MS.  If Sony can compete why don't you support that opinion with some work and provide me with some knowledge.  Just saying "Sony can do something is a far cry from actually supporting that opinion.

I keep asking you to prove your claim.  I will continue to ask you to do it as you keep waffling on that point.  You made the claim, you stated I did not understand something but then you cannot prove one statement I made is false.  I gave you plenty of links to support my opinion.  The only thing you have done is waffle over and over again about nothing.

Exactly what necessary information do I not have.  At least humor me by outlining this point!!

Machiavellian said:

Whatever man, we all just throw out theories based on facts.  What you have not done is provide anything more than a baseless comment, you could not support, did not have the time to address or even make an effort to refute what I stated.

@Bolded:  Are you telling me that Sony has anything close to Azure.  Are you telling me that Sony has the expertise on the same level as MS.  If Sony can compete why don't you support that opinion with some work and provide me with some knowledge.  Just saying "Sony can do something is a far cry from actually supporting that opinion.

I keep asking you to prove your claim.  I will continue to ask you to do it as you keep waffling on that point.  You made the claim, you stated I did not understand something but then you cannot prove one statement I made is false.  I gave you plenty of links to support my opinion.  The only thing you have done is waffle over and over again about nothing.

Exactly what necessary information do I not have.  At least humor me by outlining this point!!

Jesus Christ lol

I didn't say Sony did or didn't. You did 

I just simply said you don't have the information or proof to back it up

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Subie_Greg said:
theprof00 said:

Well, you know, it's been said the feeling of being wrong feels exactly like the feeling of being right.

Whatever man, you make some pie in the sky opinion that "Sony might just have enough" which is about as solid as saying "Sony might not have enough".  I have stated and shone that MS has a clear advantage in this area and you and your buddy here have not even attempted to support your opinions. 

Subie_Greg said:
Machiavellian said:

Jesus Christ lol

I didn't say Sony did or didn't. You did 

I just simply said you don't have the information or proof to back it up

No, what I said was that MS has a clear advantage in this space and I gave you enough links and info to digest the point.  Where is the lack in my understanding at this point what MS and Sony can do.  I question if Sony has enough resources to provide a solid quality of service.  This is a question based on what Gaikai does today compared to how much investment Sony can give to this service.

Machiavellian said:

Whatever man, you make some pie in the sky opinion that "Sony might just have enough" which is about as solid as saying "Sony might not have enough".  I have stated and shone that MS has a clear advantage in this area and you and your buddy here have not even attempted to support your opinions. 

This is why you are lost my friend

I never made a claim either way. I never made an statement and said Microsoft or Sony has this and it means that.

You did

So I asked you to back it up

And you couldn't

How you can't understand something that simple makes me sad lol

Machiavellian said:

No, what I said was that MS has a clear advantage in this space and I gave you enough links and info to digest the point.  Where is the lack in my understanding at this point what MS and Sony can do.  I question if Sony has enough resources to provide a solid quality of service.  This is a question based on what Gaikai does today compared to how much investment Sony can give to this service.

Wow dude just wow lol

Subie_Greg said:
Machiavellian said:

This is why you are lost my friend

I never made a claim either way. I never made an statement and said Microsoft or Sony has this and it means that.

You did

So I asked you to back it up

And you couldn't

How you can't understand something that simple makes me sad lol

Subie, I asked you on a number of occasions to support your claim I have no clue about Azure.  If you want to go back to that whole subject which you so convientely decided to ignore we can.  I pretty much see that you will make no effort to support what you said because it was a baseless attack.

As to the point above, exactly what did I not back up.  Seems you are jerking my chain since you are spinning around in circles.  I gave you a pretty good list what gives MS an advantage in this space.  Ohh I understand, you did not read none of them.  You had no intention of reading or even attempting to refute anything.  Bascally you just playing dumb.  One line answers, no supporting words to back up anything you said from the beginning.  Dodging questions.  Yep, I should have known.