By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft’s Cloud based streaming service is called “Rio”

machiavelli, thanks for ypur response which still fails to address any of what i said nor acknowledge that you do not know what my poiny is yet again.
told status:
knights of the told republic.
007 toldeneye
no country for told men
24 karat told

Around the Network
Subie_Greg said:
Machiavellian said:

A cloud service is more than just a bunch of servers, the software that runs it is just as important and takes years to perfect.  Just forgetting about everything esle that makes a complete cloud service ignores the complexity of such a system.  Combine that software for distributed apps with a whole lot of servers gives MS an advantage in this space that is greater at this time than Sony.  

Now if you mentioned content, then that would be totally different.
2.  Yes, having a lot of servers does not make you proficient at everything.  The point is that Azure has been doing steaming of demanding software for years.  Its not like MS is a novice in this area.  They already have a video standard for compresion which is one of the best on the market and if this internal showing is to believe, it appears they have no problem sreaming a game.  Thus having a true cloud platform and the muscle to deploy in a greater area with enough servers to provide a high quality of service (Just so you know Quality of service is about the speed which for some reason in your last post you did not get).

In the end, you have an opinion that is not irrefutable.  There are gaps in your statement which does not take into effect what the Azure service is or what it can do.  You keep making statements like a could service is a bunch of PCs which is just one part.  You keep saying that the X1 will only get a fraction of Azure which is totally not how the service works.  I believe the real problem is that you do not know what Azure is and how it works.

I'm not going to get long winded in this. I am not going to pick apart your entire post

I'll just simply say you have no information to back up the claims you pull from your rear. None. Zero. Nada

You spent a whole bunch of time talking about Microsoft and Azure, which you clearly know very little about. And I'll have to assume you know even less about Sony's service since you didn't mention it at all. Even though you can say they are at a disadvantage : )

Overall you don't have anywhere near the required information to make these statements... because that information isn't out there right now

And not just you but others too

Subie_Greg said:
Machiavellian said:

A cloud service is more than just a bunch of servers, the software that runs it is just as important and takes years to perfect.  Just forgetting about everything esle that makes a complete cloud service ignores the complexity of such a system.  Combine that software for distributed apps with a whole lot of servers gives MS an advantage in this space that is greater at this time than Sony.  

Now if you mentioned content, then that would be totally different.
2.  Yes, having a lot of servers does not make you proficient at everything.  The point is that Azure has been doing steaming of demanding software for years.  Its not like MS is a novice in this area.  They already have a video standard for compresion which is one of the best on the market and if this internal showing is to believe, it appears they have no problem sreaming a game.  Thus having a true cloud platform and the muscle to deploy in a greater area with enough servers to provide a high quality of service (Just so you know Quality of service is about the speed which for some reason in your last post you did not get).

In the end, you have an opinion that is not irrefutable.  There are gaps in your statement which does not take into effect what the Azure service is or what it can do.  You keep making statements like a could service is a bunch of PCs which is just one part.  You keep saying that the X1 will only get a fraction of Azure which is totally not how the service works.  I believe the real problem is that you do not know what Azure is and how it works.

I'm not going to get long winded in this. I am not going to pick apart your entire post

I'll just simply say you have no information to back up the claims you pull from your rear. None. Zero. Nada

You spent a whole bunch of time talking about Microsoft and Azure, which you clearly know very little about. And I'll have to assume you know even less about Sony's service since you didn't mention it at all. Even though you can say they are at a disadvantage : )

Overall you don't have anywhere near the required information to make these statements... because that information isn't out there right now

And not just you but others too

If you are going to tell someone they know little about something it would be good if you can back that part up.  The reason I know about Azure is because I and the company I work for use it.  I develop Software that works with Azure within a hosted environment.  So Before you go on about what I know or dont know, its up to YOU to prove it.  Either that or just hush about things clearly you know nothing about.

As for how Azure works, that information is easily avaliable.  As for how GaiKai works that information is also easily avaliable.  Do you really think in a years time, Sony was able to reengineer the Gaikai service beyound what it is today.  If anything they spent that year getting the service able to stream PS3, PS1 and PS2 game and be lucky they have it integrated within PSN with no fuss.

In the end its my opinion based on what I know about these types of services.  We will see during launch how bot service works and who has the upper hand.  I really do not see why most of you get uptight if someone says something negative about the corporation you love.

theprof00 said:
machiavelli, thanks for ypur response which still fails to address any of what i said nor acknowledge that you do not know what my poiny is yet again.
told status:
knights of the told republic.
007 toldeneye
no country for told men
24 karat told

I have already figured out that no matter what I say, I will always fail to address any of your points because you ignore them.

Machiavellian said:

If you are going to tell someone they know little about something it would be good if you can back that part up.  The reason I know about Azure is because I and the company I work for use it.  I develop Software that works with Azure within a hosted environment.  So Before you go on about what I know or dont know, its up to YOU to prove it.  Either that or just hush about things clearly you know nothing about.

As for how Azure works, that information is easily avaliable.  As for how GaiKai works that information is also easily avaliable.  Do you really think in a years time, Sony was able to reengineer the Gaikai service beyound what it is today.  If anything they spent that year getting the service able to stream PS3, PS1 and PS2 game and be lucky they have it integrated within PSN with no fuss.

In the end its my opinion based on what I know about these types of services.  We will see during launch how bot service works and who has the upper hand.  I really do not see why most of you get uptight if someone says something negative about the corporation you love.

Hoooooold up. It is not my job to prove you wrong. It is your job to back up assumptions your trying to pass on as fact

Imagine if it actually worked like that. Then I could say "Sony has 600,000 servers, double that of Xbox One. Prove me wrong"

Wouldn't that be kind of stupid???

It would be my job to prove that statement. It's not true until I prove it is, not the other way around. 

And that is exactly what your post above and other posts in this thread is... assumptions and opinions your are putting out as fact.

Around the Network
Subie_Greg said:
Machiavellian said:

Hoooooold up. It is not my job to prove you wrong. It is your job to back up assumptions your trying to pass on as fact

Imagine if it actually worked like that. Then I could say "Sony has 600,000 servers, double that of Xbox One. Prove me wrong"

It would be my job to prove that statement. It's not true until I prove it is, not the other way around. 

And that is exactly what your post above and other posts in this thread is... assumptions and opinions your are putting out as fact.

You made a claim but do not take the time to back it up.  Anyone can say someone doesnt know what they are talking about and have absolutly not clue themselves.  If you cannot prove my statements are false or inaccurate than you are playing the word game.  I was about to go and provide some links but though best to see if you actually know something different or just making empty statements.

So what is it, where am I wrong.  At what point during anything I stated is incorrect.  You made the claim so back it up.  

@Bolded - Can you find anything in my post where I make such a simple statement.  Did you reven read it.  I mention Azure infrastructure, I mention Azure platform and services, I mention Orleans which is a development platform to develop distributed Cloud based Applications.  I mention a hell of a lot more than a bunch of servers.  Maybe you need to go back a few steps as you clearly have no ideal what I stated.

2nd Bolded - I have stated a few times these are my opinion including the last one from your post.  There are things that are not opinion and thats the Azure and Gaikai service as it is today.  My assumptions on those results I have clearly stated is an opinion.  So I have no clue what you are talking about.

Machiavellian said:

You made a claim but do not take the time to back it up.  Anyone can say someone doesnt know what they are talking about and have absolutly not clue themselves.  If you cannot prove my statements are false or inaccurate than you are playing the word game.  I was about to go and provide some links but though best to see if you actually know something different or just making empty statements.

So what is it, where am I wrong.  At what point during anything I stated is incorrect.  You made the claim so back it up.  

@Bolded - Can you find anything in my post where I make such a simple statement.  Did you reven read it.  I mention Azure infrastructure, I mention Azure platform and services, I mention Orleans which is a development platform to develop distributed Cloud based Applications.  I mention a hell of a lot more than a bunch of servers.  Maybe you need to go back a few steps as you clearly have no ideal what I stated.

2nd Bolded - I have stated a few times these are my opinion including the last one from your post.  There are things that are not opinion and thats the Azure and Gaikai service as it is today.  My assumptions on those results I have clearly stated is an opinion.  So I have no clue what you are talking about.

It's not whether you are or aren't correct. It's that you can't back up what you are saying. I can't make that an easier to understand

Pics or it didn't happen? Link or GTFO? You understand?

Ok here is just one thing you said

"Do you really think in a years time, Sony was able to reengineer the Gaikai service beyound what it is today.  If anything they spent that year getting the service able to stream PS3, PS1 and PS2 game and be lucky they have it integrated within PSN with no fuss."

^^^Again assumptions pushed as fact^^^

If you can't understand, then there is nothing I can do to help you sir

So it's going to be Rio nice. LOL

Subie_Greg said:
Machiavellian said:

so you no like the secret sauce?

DJEVOLVE said:

so you no like the secret sauce?

Didn't you hear? The secret sauce... is balance