By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE to show off white engine and new MMO at gdc.

>PS3, 360, PC MMO

I'd say PC and PS3, with xbox getting it a year and half later...

wait, that sounds quite familiar. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Square would be retarded to release anything PS3 exclusive at this point. Even if PS3 outsells 360 by 50k a week(highly unlikely after a price drop for 360) it would take about 3 years just for Sony to catch the 360 in total WW sales.

@kingofwale

yup FFXI was the same..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

"Square would be retarded to release anything PS3 exclusive at this point. "

lol, good thing that Japan is still the biggest market of Square. Now Devil May Cry has sold 5times more units on PS3 than on 360 in its first week.
So at least for the japanese market the 360 is just an afterthought. In a year when FF comes out this will be even more so.

Yes FF also sells in the rest of the world. But the Square bosses have all the time of the world for a delayed 360 release for example. In their biggest market they can forget about the 360 and good relations to Sony should be in their main interest.

Solidar said:
Square would be retarded to release anything PS3 exclusive at this point. Even if PS3 outsells 360 by 50k a week(highly unlikely after a price drop for 360) it would take about 3 years just for Sony to catch the 360 in total WW sales.

yeah, 'cause we've all seen how FFXI made a KILLING as a JMMO, right?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Well, I don't know what system it's on, but it's been well-documented that the White Engine was designed to be multiplatform, and they haven't announced any non-PS3 games that use it, so I would expect this to be multiplat like FFXI was.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Lafiel,

I m sorry but if u are enought "blind" to not see what is written behind the word it is your problem but you should use ur "true sight" abilityto to see what is written behind the lines
I still think the OP was suggesting it will be "PS3 exclusive" since we all know most of the game are multiplateform and so released on PS3 too meaning there is no need to precise "PS3" except if u want to suggest "PS3 exclusive"
(lol strange sentence)

(edited, sorry again Lafiel)

Time to Work !

kingofwale said:
Solidar said:

yeah, 'cause we've all seen how FFXI made a KILLING as a JMMO, right?

Um, what does what you said have to do with what I said? Did you quote the wrong person??

Kyros said:
"Square would be retarded to release anything PS3 exclusive at this point. "

lol, good thing that Japan is still the biggest market of Square. Now Devil May Cry has sold 5times more units on PS3 than on 360 in its first week.
So at least for the japanese market the 360 is just an afterthought. In a year when FF comes out this will be even more so.

Yes FF also sells in the rest of the world. But the Square bosses have all the time of the world for a delayed 360 release for example. In their biggest market they can forget about the 360 and good relations to Sony should be in their main interest.

What does Devil May Cry have to do with anything?? And MMOs are not even close to as big in Japan as they are in the U.S., so concentrating on the Japanese market for an MMO is stupid.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game was going to me Multi-platform but what has been said is that the White Engine is for the PS3 so there is a chance that it could be Exclusive to PS3 + PC :D