By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So is the 3DS using the 2008 or 2010 model of the PICA200 GPU series?

Tagged games:

What model of the PICA200 series do you think is in the 3DS?

2008=Vertex Performence 4... 18 19.78%

2010 = Vertex Performence, the heck if I know 28 30.77%

See results 45 49.45%

Total:91
KHlover said:
Oh wow, Kaizar never fails to amaze me. He's like the Nintendo version of our favorite Ninja member :)

Just stop it and accept the fact that Red Dead Redemption is superior to anything 3DS can output.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Numbers only matter if you're running on the same system benchmark.

Like with X86 architecture.

Who cares anyway? Very few games use the hardware appropriately, that is what is sad. Potential doesn't make good graphics.

There are no different models of the pica200 gpu because each of them just sport different clocks.

Cheebee said:
KHlover said:
Oh wow, Kaizar never fails to amaze me. He's like the Nintendo version of our favorite Ninja member :)

Just stop it and accept the fact that Red Dead Redemption is superior to anything 3DS can output.

Ok :(

Around the Network

3DS games would look a bazillion times better if Nintendo went with a freaking 2-5 dollar 480p screen instead of that 10 dollar 3D screen!

MohammadBadir said:
3DS games would look a bazillion times better if Nintendo went with a freaking 2-5 dollar 480p screen instead of that 10 dollar 3D screen!

Don't worry, I'm pretty certain the successor to the 3DS will have a 480p resolution screen, on top of sporting glasses-free 3D. Maybe the bottom screen will be 240p, but surely not the top one.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

MohammadBadir said:

But it's a design choice! It's not like someone can immediately recognize the difference between 240p and 480p anyway.

#lolCrytek 

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
MohammadBadir said:

But it's a design choice! It's not like someone can immediately recognize the difference between 240p and 480p anyway.

#lolCrytek

Or a difference between 30fps or 60fps. Nextgen hardware can do everything, it's all design choices.

F0X said:

It's not like someone can immediately recognize the difference between 240p and 480p anyway.

This is a joke, right?