By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So is the 3DS using the 2008 or 2010 model of the PICA200 GPU series?

Tagged games:

What model of the PICA200 series do you think is in the 3DS?

2008=Vertex Performence 4... 18 19.78%

2010 = Vertex Performence, the heck if I know 28 30.77%

See results 45 49.45%

Total:91
Conina said:
F0X said:

It's not like someone can immediately recognize the difference between 240p and 480p anyway.

This is a joke, right?

i hope it is.

Around the Network
Conina said:
F0X said:

It's not like someone can immediately recognize the difference between 240p and 480p anyway.

This is a joke, right?

Does the "lol Crytek" portion mean nothing to you? Or shall I explain the joke?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

MohammadBadir said:
Conina said:
F0X said:

This is a joke, right?

i hope it is.

You bet it is. I wasn't even trying to be subliminal, either, but it does require knowledge of a certain recent quote by a certain CEO of a certain middleware company.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

They spend far to much money on shit to be called middleware lol^

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
They spend far to much money on shit to be called middleware lol^

Then I can't crack any more "middle-of-the-road-ware" jokes. :(

Around the Network

I really like the capabilities of the 3DS for a dedicated handheld. I think Nintendo hit it on the nail in terms of matching two ARM11 dual-core CPU along with the PICA200(a GPU made for 3D). My only gripe as with the Wii U is the amount of RAM the system has. In addition to the 6MB of dedicated VRAM the 3DS only has an additional 128MB of system RAM for both OS and video. Nintendo really should have put at least 256MB on the 3DS (and at least 3GB on the Wii U) to really extend the systems capabilities for a few more years. Anyways, I got my LG Nexus 4 for web-browsing and I am happy with the visuals on games the 3DS has so far released.

MohammadBadir said:
3DS games would look a bazillion times better if Nintendo went with a freaking 2-5 dollar 480p screen instead of that 10 dollar 3D screen!

3D 240p looks much more better then 2D 4K HD.

I would rather have 3D 240p then 2D 480p.

3D makes everything look way more clearer looking as well as way more anti-aliasing looking as well as brighter looking and more vivid looking and it makes the colors look a lot more of the same colors (so I guess I would say it makes every color look much more deeper looking).

240p in 3D looks as good as 2D 5K HD for crying out loud.

You can't give me the 3DS beauty (when the 3D is ON) on a 2D less then 5K HD display.

oni-link said:
I really like the capabilities of the 3DS for a dedicated handheld. I think Nintendo hit it on the nail in terms of matching two ARM11 dual-core CPU along with the PICA200(a GPU made for 3D). My only gripe as with the Wii U is the amount of RAM the system has. In addition to the 6MB of dedicated VRAM the 3DS only has an additional 128MB of system RAM for both OS and video. Nintendo really should have put at least 256MB on the 3DS (and at least 3GB on the Wii U) to really extend the systems capabilities for a few more years. Anyways, I got my LG Nexus 4 for web-browsing and I am happy with the visuals on games the 3DS has so far released.

If you were to test the 128 MB FCRAM you would think it was much more then 300 MB of RAM, but in reality it's just 128 MB that is really efficient which might be an understatement about its effiencency.

Cheebee said:
KHlover said:
Oh wow, Kaizar never fails to amaze me. He's like the Nintendo version of our favorite Ninja member :)

Just stop it and accept the fact that Red Dead Redemption is superior to anything 3DS can output.

I'm just claiming that the 3DS can do Resident Evil Revelations 3DS graphics in its first year release games.

Imagine 5th to 7th year games...it will be better looking then Resident Evil Revelations.

The Wii only does 30 million polygons vertex performence while the 3DS clearly does more then 120 million polygons Vertex Performence, which is still less then 300 polys on PS3 & 360, but it's way better then 30 polys on Wii (2006).

Cheebee said:
MohammadBadir said:
3DS games would look a bazillion times better if Nintendo went with a freaking 2-5 dollar 480p screen instead of that 10 dollar 3D screen!

Don't worry, I'm pretty certain the successor to the 3DS will have a 480p resolution screen, on top of sporting glasses-free 3D. Maybe the bottom screen will be 240p, but surely not the top one.

The 9th Gen Nintendo Handeld won't release until 2018 to 2020, so they can just put 1080p glasses-free 3D on top & bottom screen with touch on top & bottom screen with a 3 GB RAM and sell it for up to $199.99¢ at launch while making a profit.

The 9th Gen Nintendo Home Console will release somewhere from 2018 to 2020 with 4K HD everything, because 5 years from now, all 4K HD TVs will be easy to find at such low prices as $100 (damn mark up value of today's electronics that keeps growing while they slash the prices every year, all at the same time)