By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What if Lucasfilm hired YOU to write the Sequel Trilogy?

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
DevilRising said:
I WOULDN'T base it on the Thrawn Trilogy or any other expanded universe material. At all.

I'd go with whatever Lucas already had written down years and years ago.

I would say that we need to start to move away from Lucas. Not totally original stuff, but just not all lucas either. Star Trek has had a nice reboot, why not do that for Star Wars as well. Not that they need it, but it could get many more people interested.

I would personally argue the point that the Star Trek reboot has been "nice". But that's a personal opinion. To me, it's been garbage, and it has me still worried about what Abrams is going to be allowed to do to Star Wars. In THAT sense, I'm very glad that Lucas is still hanging around in a "yes you can do that/no you can't do that" type of advisory role.

As for moving away from Lucas, call me a purist, but to me, the only truly "canon" Star Wars material are the movies. There is some really nice stuff in some of the games and expanded universe books, but honestly, when you get too many people trying to add to a mythos, it becomes a mess, which it has.

@zarx

Not sure what that is supposed to be, but people have seen a fairly detailed outline of ideas Lucas had for a possible sequel trilogy. That has been confirmed more than once. Some of that material seems to be the basis for the actual seventh film being made. So.............yeah.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
spurgeonryan said:
DevilRising said:
I WOULDN'T base it on the Thrawn Trilogy or any other expanded universe material. At all.

I'd go with whatever Lucas already had written down years and years ago.

I would say that we need to start to move away from Lucas. Not totally original stuff, but just not all lucas either. Star Trek has had a nice reboot, why not do that for Star Wars as well. Not that they need it, but it could get many more people interested.

I would personally argue the point that the Star Trek reboot has been "nice". But that's a personal opinion. To me, it's been garbage, and it has me still worried about what Abrams is going to be allowed to do to Star Wars. In THAT sense, I'm very glad that Lucas is still hanging around in a "yes you can do that/no you can't do that" type of advisory role.

As for moving away from Lucas, call me a purist, but to me, the only truly "canon" Star Wars material are the movies. There is some really nice stuff in some of the games and expanded universe books, but honestly, when you get too many people trying to add to a mythos, it becomes a mess, which it has.

@zarx

Not sure what that is supposed to be, but people have seen a fairly detailed outline of ideas Lucas had for a possible sequel trilogy. That has been confirmed more than once. Some of that material seems to be the basis for the actual seventh film being made. So.............yeah.

Lol I just be trolling, that is a page from Lucas's notebook from back before he fleshed out the franchise. Before the filming of at the time second Star Wars film he decided that he was going to make it into an epic series he sketched out this in his notebook

The OG trilogy was Episodes VI, VII, and VIII, then a Clone Wars trilogy took up Episodes II, III, and IV, while Episode I was a prelude, Episodes IX through XI were simply left blank – and Episode XII was the conclusion.

By later he changed it to 6 films OG Trilogy being IV, V, VI and then the prequel trilogy. And later he mentioned he had a notebook of ideas for a third trilogy that would be what happened to Luke after VI but that it was rather etherial. He has long said that ep VII onwards would be someone else's vision.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

kupomogli said:
I'd make episode 7 adults only and start it off with the galaxy being saved, but the people still living have to repopulate the galaxy. There would be like five wookie on wookie scenes.

I was going to let the big bang happen and be done with this circus but i like your option better!

I'd make it about the Ewoks.....

Oh! And this guy kills off the rest of the Jedi:

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

i would just adapt the Dark Empire trilogy and change some things. No death star being rebuilt or any other super weapon( enough of that crap) Leia would get more screen time and Luke a little less.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Anyone else want a Shadow of the Empire movie?

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the book... and as much as I enjoyed the N64 game, it did not do the book justice at all.

Never read the book, but I have it. I think the N64 version showed that there  is plenty of content for a movie. Lot's of action as well. Speeders in the City! Would be WOW!

@ Jumpin

I still need to buy one of those old Ewok movies. I have one of them though.

You're doing yourself a great disservice by not reading it.  It fits like a glove perfectly between Empire and Jedi.  The game basically only covers half the book since it focuses exclusively on Dash Rendar's character and not Luke and the gang.

And you need to stay far, FAR away (pun intended) from those Ewok movies lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.