By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

I thought Rayman Legends was the best version??

Regardless, you know even if they put the effort into Splinter Cell, ect it would have sold the same.

To be fair, no one is buying that game.

I have it on Wii U >.>;

Around the Network

I guess that's true but could also be looked at as a game that helped sell some systems too then..

marioboy2004 said:
The best ubisoft game sales wise on wii u has been zombie u..maybe exclusives sell better???

I don't think it was profitable for Ubisoft anyways, so ya...

if they showed some fucking watchdog footage for the Wii U maybe that will build some excitement? Same case for Assassins creed 4 - at least show us the wii u specific features to build hype. We have seen jack shit

Anyway, in my opinion, Ubisoft is going to bail, their minds should be made up by now, it doesn't take a genius to figure out these games are going to perform under spectations

They are resorting to threatening the Wii U's userbase?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

It's not good enough to say "It's not doing well on any other platforms" Perhaps that means the game shouldn't exist simply because it doesn't have an audience on whatever platform it's on.

But WiiU is a young system, not only is there not many games on the system right now, thus owners should be picking up the new ones, but Rayman is a platformer which really should appeal to WiiU owners, it's a very good one by the looks of it too.

Why didn't it sell?

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion Rayman isn't Nintendo quality. It also released during a period that saw New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101, so I wasn't anywhere close to desperate for a new Wii U game at the time of Rayman's release.

But I need to address your question in more general terms as well. I'll turn the question around and ask: Why should it have sold? Legends is the sequel to Origins which didn't light up the charts either. Then there's the fact that Origins dropped in price quickly which should even make actual Rayman fans wait for a few weeks to pick up Legends for half the price. Yes, it's a platformer and thus should appeal to Wii U owners more than other console owners. And by the looks of it, that's what happened. The Wii U version sold on par with the other versions despite huge disparities in installed base. What more did you expect? It's a straightforward sequel to a game that had trouble selling; all involved variables are pretty much identical between the two Rayman games, so the result is pretty much identical as well. It would be more puzzling, if the outcome had been different.

Rayman is currently WiiU's highest rated game, if you're saying it isn't Nintendo quality then that must be a good thing? None of those games blew up the charts either, given there are 3.5m WiiU's out there I'm wondering what the heck these owners are buying?

It should have sold because it's clearly a great game, a platformer, on a new system where all the 3.5m people that bought it over the last 10 months would (should) naturally be seeking out new games. It's easy to see this is a game that can easily get lost i the mix on 360, but should shine on WiiU, it's exactly what the userbase likes and wants. It's like an amazing FPS with brand recognition doing rubbish on 360.

FYI in the UK charts the 360 version overtook the WiiU, so we don't know which has sold the most. They're likely all very close tho, not that it matters.

I'm not complaining! Watchdogs is the only game from ubi that I MIGHT buy..

Sh1nn said:

Ubisoft is giving Wii U owners a one-last-chance ultimatum, or both. I don’t know about you guys, but to me this sounds like Ubisoft has made a pretty serious threat to the Wii U user-base behind-the-scenes.

Kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it...?

'Let's make a threat! But not actually tell them we're threathening them!'

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

DamnTastic said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

Last time I looked at Splinter Cell a higher portion of the install base bought it on Wii U then bought it on PS3.

That's not how the world works son

Dont call me "son" I am probably old enough to be your dad. Though judging you lack of respect of others....nm

That might not be how you think it works but companies dont expect an install base of 4 million to buy as many games as one with 80 million.

You give me beyond good and evil because the tablet would be awesome for that game and we'll start talking about you EARNING my money.