By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

osed125 said:
Seece said:
osed125 said:

I don't think a 10 months game counts as launch or early period. 

Really? I do, the console is still firmly in its infancy.

That's very different. Launch and "early" period is just a few of months after the console's release (Monster hunter and Lego City fit in here).  Your original statement should have said early life or infancy, not launch period. 

Pikmin 3 was supposed to be a launch game and it released only recently...

Well one thing is certain. You guys are gonna get a couple Ubi games in the nearest future, so you better buy them if you want to get anything more in 2014. I personally want this to happen, cause I want PS4+PSV cross-control to develop and use the touchscreen in innovative ways and for that to happen we need Wii U to finally catch on.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

I thought Nintendo fans were praising Ubisoft for supporting their console and not half assing their games.  Now that Ubisoft makes a comment about the Wii U and this comes out, Nintendo fans suddently don't care about Ubisoft.

Rol is not indicative of the whole of the community. This has been his view of the matter from the beginning.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

pezus said:

So here we are yet again. The 3rd party that has supported WiiU the most is probably ready to stop porting its games any day now. I'm not even sure if they'd do the Just Dance games on WiiU?

The underlying presumptions here pile up, twisting around each other. Makes me rather mad.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

pezus said:
Mr Khan said:
pezus said:

So here we are yet again. The 3rd party that has supported WiiU the most is probably ready to stop porting its games any day now. I'm not even sure if they'd do the Just Dance games on WiiU?

The underlying presumptions here pile up, twisting around each other. Makes me rather mad.

This is what the thread is about, isn't it? Ubisoft indirectly threatening to drop support.

Ubisoft will stop making Just Dance for Wii U if the next Just Dance U underperforms. They won't drop it because of Splinter Cell or Rayman or Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed because that would be silly.

kupomogli said:
cbarroso09 said:
I am just tired of threads from publisher to us Nintendo gamers. If you want to bring your game to Nintendo platform do it, if you don't want to then don't. I am actually full of Nintendo y Sega games on my wish list of video games. No need for shooters that I don't like.

Ubisoft supports Wii U with exclusives and praises the system.  We love Ubisoft!  Ubisoft makes comments about Wii U sales being disappointing and might stop supporting the console on a few occassions.  Ubisoft sucks! 

Sega starts supporting the Wii U with exclusives and praises the system.  We love Sega!  What will the future hold.  Will Sega continue showing support, will Sega talk down the system, will Nintendo fans hate Sega?  Find out 2014!

Ijust don't care anymore, all this threatening is just tiring. I have ME3, AC3, Batman, COD Black OPS, i supported all of them. But ican't do it if they don't release something good on the system. They expect things to go well as the other two companies that waste money promoting their games. I remember the days when each publisher had to promote their games, good thing those two brought to the industry. I didn't see an app for Rayman Legends, nor for Splinter Cell on Wii U. Nintendo is not selling well, yet they don't shit on publishers for that matter. 

If their bussiness is with the others, go. But when those fall first than Nintendo don't come with your shitty games thinking they are going to sell like hotcakes. 

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
I doubt that Splinter Cell will be a deciding factor for Ubisoft's future support considering how bad it did overall. Rayman Legends on the Wii U did well compared to PS3 and 360 versions, the question there is whether or not combined sales are enough to warrant another Rayman game on any platform.
Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed IV on the other hand will be very important. As far as I know neither will be gimped in any way for the Wii U so there won't be any excuses for disappointing sales. If you want more of that content on Wii U you'll have to get those games.

@ underlined, a very valid question unfortunately.  Legs will be interesting, but ultimately legs come from heavy discounts months after launch, which aren't ideal for any publisher really.

@ bold, we've already seen the excuse for that in this very thread.  "Ubisoft treated Nintendo poorly in the past therefore why should why buy their games?"  Should Watch Dogs & AC4 bomb, I suspect it'll rise up again.

It will, however, be very interesting to watch how they do.  By series standards they were terrible, but imo, the sales of Black Ops 2 & Assassin's Creed 3 on Wii-U weren't bad for what the games were.  I suspect a lot of that has to do with people getting caught up in the launch rush and buying extra titles, though, so who knows if AC4; Watch Dogs & CoD Ghosts will follow that trend, or the more recent trends from things like Splinter Cell & Injustice.

ListerOfSmeg said:

After their Meh comment I am not sure I will be. I was looking forward to Watchdogs til that comment. Though more people did buy Rayman on Wii U than other platforms from what I hear.
Ubisoft better bring quality and not excuses if they want people to buy their games.

Last time I looked at Splinter Cell a higher portion of the install base bought it on Wii U then bought it on PS3.

Really? Of course the attach rate will probably be better, there's not many Wii U's out there. That attach rate will only get worse once the system starts to sell, so it's kind of pointless to bring it up.

Sounds like a threat.. I am content playing nintendo games only have been this way since NES..

The best ubisoft game sales wise on wii u has been zombie u..maybe exclusives sell better???

marioboy2004 said:

The best ubisoft game sales wise on wii u has been zombie u..maybe exclusives sell better???

Probably not the best example to illustrate that point seeing as it was heavily bundled.