By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

I thought Nintendo fans were praising Ubisoft for supporting their console and not half assing their games.  Now that Ubisoft makes a comment about the Wii U and this comes out, Nintendo fans suddently don't care about Ubisoft.

Around the Network

I am just tired of threads from publisher to us Nintendo gamers. If you want to bring your game to Nintendo platform do it, if you don't want to then don't. I am actually full of Nintendo y Sega games on my wish list of video games. No need for shooters that I don't like.

why would they burn money on a console who will not sell there game ? Nintendo, will always be is own enemy. People dont buy third party game they buy nintendo game.

Seece said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Seece said:
Slarvax said:

Weeeeeell, ZombiU sold over 500k and if that's not enough for a launch title to make a profit, then I don't trust Ubisoft as much. I'm still getting Watchdogs and maaaaybe Rayman Legends, and I also already own ZombiU, so I did my part.

There are no numbers for ZombieU ....

All we know is an NPD leak that says around 100k earlier this year.

Its the highest selling 3rd party game on the WiiU...

Do you have a link?

I just can't imagine it doing better in Europe than in the US.

Europe had a launch bundle with Zombi U.....

kupomogli said:
RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

I thought Nintendo fans were praising Ubisoft for supporting their console and not half assing their games.  Now that Ubisoft makes a comment about the Wii U and this comes out, Nintendo fans suddently don't care about Ubisoft.

You love to generalize, don't you.....?

Around the Network
Seece said:

It's not good enough to say "It's not doing well on any other platforms" Perhaps that means the game shouldn't exist simply because it doesn't have an audience on whatever platform it's on.

But WiiU is a young system, not only is there not many games on the system right now, thus owners should be picking up the new ones, but Rayman is a platformer which really should appeal to WiiU owners, it's a very good one by the looks of it too.

Why didn't it sell?

For the same reasons it didn't sold well on other platforms. Maybe it was marketing, maybe it was because it release very close to GTA V and other high profile games, maybe the game will just have good legs (it happened to Origins). When all versions flop there most be a reason why it did bad on all of them, I don't understand why the Wii U version in specific is the one being target.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I doubt that Splinter Cell will be a deciding factor for Ubisoft's future support considering how bad it did overall. Rayman Legends on the Wii U did well compared to PS3 and 360 versions, the question there is whether or not combined sales are enough to warrant another Rayman game on any platform.
Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed IV on the other hand will be very important. As far as I know neither will be gimped in any way for the Wii U so there won't be any excuses for disappointing sales. If you want more of that content on Wii U you'll have to get those games.

Damn, whats with all the negativity towards ubisoft from wii u owners/supporters? They have been supporting the system since day one unlike pretty much everyone else.

cbarroso09 said:
I am just tired of threads from publisher to us Nintendo gamers. If you want to bring your game to Nintendo platform do it, if you don't want to then don't. I am actually full of Nintendo y Sega games on my wish list of video games. No need for shooters that I don't like.

Ubisoft supports Wii U with exclusives and praises the system.  We love Ubisoft!  Ubisoft makes comments about Wii U sales being disappointing and might stop supporting the console on a few occassions.  Ubisoft sucks! 

Sega starts supporting the Wii U with exclusives and praises the system.  We love Sega!  What will the future hold.  Will Sega continue showing support, will Sega talk down the system, will Nintendo fans hate Sega?  Find out 2014!

I support the Wii U games I want to play. For me that includes; AC blackflag and ZombiU. Does not include; spintercell and Rayman.