By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

Game would have sold much more teh first week if word of mouth didnt kill it all around lol.

But Splinter Cell was never a big seller since Gen 6.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
Seece said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

To be fair, no one is buying that game.

Yup but WiiU is a new system who's target audience is platformer fans, decent launch games should be doing well.

Launch games?

Launch/Early period.~

She is right.
Nintendo have always complained about lack of 3rd party support and when they have it they buy it on some other system.
If this keeps on happening, not even Ubisoft is going to be around with the same kind of support.

Watch Dogs, Batman, AC 4 and even Ghosts need to put out good numbers, not just for the companies who made them, but for the others who need proof that Wii U owners can embrace those kind of games.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Game would have sold much more teh first week if word of mouth didnt kill it all around lol.

But Splinter Cell was never a big seller since Gen 6.

Conviction did very well, 360/PC only as well.

RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

to be honest it seems like you have two choices, buy half-assed games (not that I agree with that actually) or get no third party games at all. And a half-assed game is still better than no game. Early on ps3 gamers had to put up with inferior ports but they still bought them, and as a result of that the third parties kept supporting the ps3 and the ports got better. not buying games you want because they're either not as good or later than on other consoles you don't own or don't support is just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Around the Network
Seece said:
osed125 said:

Launch games?

Launch/Early period.~

I don't think a 10 months game counts as launch or early period. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Conviction did worse than Gen 6 one.

Most of Ubisofts games are half assed, barring Rayman and Splinter Cell and a few others

Seece said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

I thought Rayman Legends was the best version??

Regardless, you know even if they put the effort into Splinter Cell, ect it would have sold the same.

To be fair, no one is buying that game.

Yup but WiiU is a new system who's target audience is platformer fans, decent launch games should be doing well.

I don't think Rayman Legends qualifies as a launch game, and I don't think there's any evidence that demonstrates that the target audience on Wii U is platformer fans. Anyway, it's a shame about Legends. I'll be getting it for sure on Wii U, since Ancel is a genius and the Wii U version is, reportedly, the best one.

But back to the OP. The sad reality of the industry is that sometimes great games sell lousy, and lousy game sell great. I'm not sure who Ms. Rogers is, but her tweet is redundant. Obviously a company will continue to support a line of products only if they remain profitable. Now, if she's asking consumers to buy products they don't want to guarantee future products they MAY want, then she's just asking too much.

ListerOfSmeg said:

Last time I looked at Splinter Cell a higher portion of the install base bought it on Wii U then bought it on PS3.

That's not how the world works son

osed125 said:
Seece said:
osed125 said:

Launch games?

Launch/Early period.~

I don't think a 10 months game counts as launch or early period. 

Really? I do, the console is still firmly in its infancy.