By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

Simple fact is: Ubisoft will look at the costs of porting their games to WiiU vs. the profit of WiiU sales, if it isn´t profitable, they will do what Bethesda and EA did, same with Actvision.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Weeeeeell, ZombiU sold over 500k and if that's not enough for a launch title to make a profit, then I don't trust Ubisoft as much. I'm still getting Watchdogs and maaaaybe Rayman Legends, and I also already own ZombiU, so I did my part.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

WagnerPaiva said:
Simple fact is: Ubisoft will look at the costs of porting their games to WiiU vs. the profit of WiiU sales, if it isn´t profitable, they will do what Bethesda and EA did, same with Actvision.

Bestheda never made a serious game on a Nintendo console so lol. Porting shit to the WIIU costs less than a million $$

Splinter Cell did poorly across all platforms, and Ubisoft did dick all to promote its existence on Wii U. It's clearly like TW101: somebody on the publisher's side higher up decided the game (that SKU specifically, but also Blacklist in general) was a surefire loser and shorted both availability and advertising.

Assassin's Creed will do okay. Watch Dogs may do better still.

Rayman, too, was a loser across all platforms, yet did best on Wii U, and i think it was Ubi's side that saw the game was a loser (perhaps, just perhaps, their decision to delay it was a bad idea. Would've gotten far more attention on Wii U in February, and if a rule about ports from Microsoft really is in place, they could have just added special bonuses to the 360 version later on).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Slarvax said:

Weeeeeell, ZombiU sold over 500k and if that's not enough for a launch title to make a profit, then I don't trust Ubisoft as much. I'm still getting Watchdogs and maaaaybe Rayman Legends, and I also already own ZombiU, so I did my part.

There are no numbers for ZombieU ....

All we know is an NPD leak that says around 100k earlier this year.

Around the Network
Seece said:
osed125 said:

I don't think a 10 months game counts as launch or early period. 

Really? I do, the console is still firmly in its infancy.

That's very different. Launch and "early" period is just a few of months after the console's release (Monster hunter and Lego City fit in here).  Your original statement should have said early life or infancy, not launch period. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Seece said:
Slarvax said:

Its the highest selling 3rd party game on the WiiU...

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Seece said:
Slarvax said:

Its the highest selling 3rd party game on the WiiU...

Do you have a link?

I just can't imagine it doing better in Europe than in the US.

I will have every Ubisoft game for Wii U besides AC, I hate AC, I loved Blacklist, Legends wasn't too bad either and I can't wait for Watch Dogs. Can't do more.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

I thought Rayman Legends was the best version??

Regardless, you know even if they put the effort into Splinter Cell, ect it would have sold the same.

It was also completed half a year before it got released. Besides, it's not like RL is doing well on any platform, not even those with big installed bases.

Anyway, Ubisoft has to give reasons why their games should be bought. Issuing threats isn't the way to go. Of course, it doesn't help the company one bit that they built an awful reputation for themselves on Nintendo platforms. Always there with plenty of games, but almost exclusively cash-ins or games that cut corners. Nobody in their right mind should expect goodwill with such a track record. But that's just how it goes: Lost Planet 3 bombs spectacularly and it's concluded that it's well deserved; game flops on a Nintendo system, the conclusion is that the audience is to blame. In the specific case of Splinter Cell, I am quite sure that the game underperformed across the board. But even though the Wii U version was never supposed to carry the load, it's the one that is the most talked about.

It's not good enough to say "It's not doing well on any other platforms" Perhaps that means the game shouldn't exist simply because it doesn't have an audience on whatever platform it's on.

But WiiU is a young system, not only is there not many games on the system right now, thus owners should be picking up the new ones, but Rayman is a platformer which really should appeal to WiiU owners, it's a very good one by the looks of it too.

Why didn't it sell?