By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

RolStoppable said:
Kresnik said:
forest-spirit said:
I doubt that Splinter Cell will be a deciding factor for Ubisoft's future support considering how bad it did overall. Rayman Legends on the Wii U did well compared to PS3 and 360 versions, the question there is whether or not combined sales are enough to warrant another Rayman game on any platform.
Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed IV on the other hand will be very important. As far as I know neither will be gimped in any way for the Wii U so there won't be any excuses for disappointing sales. If you want more of that content on Wii U you'll have to get those games.

@ bold, we've already seen the excuse for that in this very thread.  "Ubisoft treated Nintendo poorly in the past therefore why should why buy their games?"  Should Watch Dogs & AC4 bomb, I suspect it'll rise up again.

Then let's get this out upfront: Ubisoft's games suck, period. When they release games like AC3 that require a day 1 patch, then they are clearly not meeting the standards a Nintendo console owner has come to expect. I mean, it's a bit nonsensical to assume that equality is the bar that has to be met when the quality standards for Ubisoft games lack in general. Equally poor is still poor.

I had to LOL at this. 

Around the Network

Why would I bother buying Ubisoft games that I don't really care about?

I think it is Ubisoft's job to show why Wii U owners should care about their games. They fucked up with Rayman, I was going to get t until I heard that it was going to be multiplatform - then what's the point of getting excited about a game that is not specially tooled for the Wii U?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Seece said:

I thought Rayman Legends was the best version??

Regardless, you know even if they put the effort into Splinter Cell, ect it would have sold the same.

To be fair, no one is buying that game.

I have Splinter Cell for Wii U.

I plan to buy Rayman Legends when it reaches 40 dollars and Watch Dogs day 1, I am doing my part.

Cubedramirez said:
You give me beyond good and evil because the tablet would be awesome for that game and we'll start talking about you EARNING my money.

Damn right. If we get Beyond Good & Evil 2, on any platform, I would gladly ship a crate of money to Ubisoft headquarters.

Kresnik said:
forest-spirit said:
I doubt that Splinter Cell will be a deciding factor for Ubisoft's future support considering how bad it did overall. Rayman Legends on the Wii U did well compared to PS3 and 360 versions, the question there is whether or not combined sales are enough to warrant another Rayman game on any platform.
Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed IV on the other hand will be very important. As far as I know neither will be gimped in any way for the Wii U so there won't be any excuses for disappointing sales. If you want more of that content on Wii U you'll have to get those games.

@ underlined, a very valid question unfortunately.  Legs will be interesting, but ultimately legs come from heavy discounts months after launch, which aren't ideal for any publisher really.

@ bold, we've already seen the excuse for that in this very thread.  "Ubisoft treated Nintendo poorly in the past therefore why should why buy their games?"  Should Watch Dogs & AC4 bomb, I suspect it'll rise up again.

It will, however, be very interesting to watch how they do.  By series standards they were terrible, but imo, the sales of Black Ops 2 & Assassin's Creed 3 on Wii-U weren't bad for what the games were.  I suspect a lot of that has to do with people getting caught up in the launch rush and buying extra titles, though, so who knows if AC4; Watch Dogs & CoD Ghosts will follow that trend, or the more recent trends from things like Splinter Cell & Injustice.

The question is: will Ubisoft act like the Wii U versions of those games exist? Will there be preorder bonuses, will the TV and game magazine ads prominently mention that Wii U is an option? The key to too many Nintendo ports of games is that the publisher never bothers to create awareness.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
(...) Ubisoft (...) They fucked up with Rayman, I was going to get t until I heard that it was going to be multiplatform - then what's the point?

It's still arguably the best version of the game, so why does it matter if it went multiplatform ?

flagstaad said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Seece said:

I thought Rayman Legends was the best version??

Regardless, you know even if they put the effort into Splinter Cell, ect it would have sold the same.

To be fair, no one is buying that game.

I have Splinter Cell for Wii U.

I plan to buy Rayman Legends when it reaches 40 dollars and Watch Dogs day 1, I am doing my part.

How is Splinter Cell, by the way? I hear the GamePad features are great, but I hate that it's missing local co-op.

I'm planning on getting Legends and Watch Dogs on Wii U too, barring some disaster with the Wii U version of Watch Dogs.

Jumpin said:

I think it is Ubisoft's job to show why Wii U owners should care about their games. They fucked up with Rayman, I was going to get t until I heard that it was going to be multiplatform - then what's the point of getting excited about a game that is not specially tooled for the Wii U?

This is just ridiculous, "make it exclusive or I won't buy it" is calling cutting your nose off to spite your face. It IS tooled for WiiU and it scored very well, like I said, highest scoring game on WiiU. How can you say they fucked up?

Jumpin said:

Considering that most Ubisoft games are multiplatform that's just something you'll have to deal with if you want their games. And Rayman Legends didn't change because of the delay, so if you don't like the result (it does feature extra content made for the u-screen) then you wouldn't have liked it as a Wii U exclusive either.

mii-gamer said:
if they showed some fucking watchdog footage for the Wii U maybe that will build some excitement? Same case for Assassins creed 4 - at least show us the wii u specific features to build hype. We have seen jack shit

Anyway, in my opinion, Ubisoft is going to bail, their minds should be made up by now, it doesn't take a genius to figure out these games are going to perform under spectations

they havent shown anything cause there is nothing to show. WIi U specific? LOL, AC4 is a month away and if they havent shown anything by now there is nothing to show, its going to be a straight port with a map on the gamepad just like AC3 for WIi U, Id bet Watchdogs is the same