By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

I still say that Splinter cell just isnt that interesting of a game anymore. Its not like it was a huge sucess on other platforms aswell.

Lets see how Assassins creed 4 and Watch dogs do before drawing many conclusions. Rayman legends sold more on the Wii U than the other systems, so its not like Wii U owners arent buying Ubi soft games.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

yes, im sticking to my self respecting gamer. Not neccersarily playing the game, but definately hearing about it. AC isnt some niche title like SMT. It sells million of copies and there have always been decent to great ads for it. Any one who would call themselve a gamer has HEARD of it.  You dont need to be on forums to know what it is. I didnt bring up SC because that series has NEVER done great on Ninty consoles and isnt anywhere near as popular as you have stated.

JD is not a good argument and ill tell you why. and why you are missing the point. First of all JD has declined on ALL systems. JD4 has sold much worst on Wii than even the original JD that is a decline. Plus yes PS360 doesnt sell alot, but the beauty of JD is it doesnt NEED to on those systems. They already make their money plus more on Wii version, whatever they make from the other platforms is cocaine money for them. ANd it costs them almost nothing to port since they are just uprezzed versions of a Wii game. The argument doesnt make sense because there are a few other UBI games that DO sell on PS360 alot. AC, FarCry, Rainbox six just to name a few. THe thing about WIi U is NOTHING is selling. everything so far on Wii U has underperformed now i ask why would you support a system where all your games are failing.

So no its not the same thing because PS360 Ubi games (the "right") ones sell on those systems. 

Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed are also in decline. Why is Just Dance special?

Regardless, anyone who uses the term "gamer" (especially "self-respecting gamer") so liberally while discussing the entire video game market of over 200 million people does not have my attention. Many people who play video games do not define themselves by that hobby, nor are they obligated to in order to respect themselves as consumers of the industry.

So in response to your claim that all "self-respecting gamers" know exactly what Assassin's Creed is and what they're getting from that game and why they should want it and don't need Ubisoft to tell them any of that, I will simply counter that Wii owners are obviously not self-respecting gamers and excuse myself from this thread.

Since when is Assassin's Creed in decline ? ACIII is the fastest selling AC game ever.
Splinter Cell had a decline until Conviction hit the scene and Blacklist does roughly the same at the moment.

Aielyn said:
Seece said:
UK charts have WiiU ahead first week, following week the 360 version was ahead, we don't have data for any other countries yet .... 

If you're referring to GFC Chart-Track, you can see data for the third and fourth weeks, too... but only if viewed on the "individual formats, by value" chart (the 360, PS3, and Wii U versions are all the same price, but it effectively removes cheaper games from the list). Wii U is ahead here.

Er 360 version is several places higher than WiiU there.

ListerOfSmeg said:
oniyide said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
oniyide said:
oniyide said:
oniyide said:
Do people seriously think platformers work online?

littlebigplanet says hi

Ratchet and Clank also says hi

dont mean jack shit.

they are platformers and they work, so your question was answered and you were wrong.

Sorry bub, doesnt work well enough for me. This aint call of duty y'know

im sure you never played either of those games. care to tell me whats wrong with them? matter fact its ok i know you didnt play them.

Lol the first arguement I had on this forum was about Little Big Planet and those floaty mechanics and the online lag.

i didnt experience too much online lag. but it was patched to hell. sequel worked much better. as for floatly mechanics thats the way the game plays, has nothing to do with the online

I dont think you get what they are saying, granted they didnt do a good job of explaining it. I have played LBP and a lot of Mario. Mario wouldnt work online because it requires precision jumps. LBP doesnt. If you lag in LBG no big deal, you arent going to fall to your death. You lag in Mario at the wrong time and there goes a 1up. You are just looking at it as all platformers are the same. Like Killzone and COD are the same because they are FPS, forgetting that some game mechanics are very different.

oh i get what they were saying and thats NOT what they were saying at all, they were insuitianting that NO platformers can work online. ANd that has been proven wrong. Doesnt matter if LBP plays different from Mario its still a platformer that has a competent online. Just cause Ninty cant or wont do it doesnt mean it cant be done. Matter of fact its simple, dont make an online game with crap connections and it wont lag. Other games dont have a lag issue why should we hold Mario's hand? 

Because people play platformers for the mechanics, there isnt any other reason to play them otherwise^

Around the Network
Barozi said:
the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

yes, im sticking to my self respecting gamer. Not neccersarily playing the game, but definately hearing about it. AC isnt some niche title like SMT. It sells million of copies and there have always been decent to great ads for it. Any one who would call themselve a gamer has HEARD of it.  You dont need to be on forums to know what it is. I didnt bring up SC because that series has NEVER done great on Ninty consoles and isnt anywhere near as popular as you have stated.

JD is not a good argument and ill tell you why. and why you are missing the point. First of all JD has declined on ALL systems. JD4 has sold much worst on Wii than even the original JD that is a decline. Plus yes PS360 doesnt sell alot, but the beauty of JD is it doesnt NEED to on those systems. They already make their money plus more on Wii version, whatever they make from the other platforms is cocaine money for them. ANd it costs them almost nothing to port since they are just uprezzed versions of a Wii game. The argument doesnt make sense because there are a few other UBI games that DO sell on PS360 alot. AC, FarCry, Rainbox six just to name a few. THe thing about WIi U is NOTHING is selling. everything so far on Wii U has underperformed now i ask why would you support a system where all your games are failing.

So no its not the same thing because PS360 Ubi games (the "right") ones sell on those systems. 

Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed are also in decline. Why is Just Dance special?

Regardless, anyone who uses the term "gamer" (especially "self-respecting gamer") so liberally while discussing the entire video game market of over 200 million people does not have my attention. Many people who play video games do not define themselves by that hobby, nor are they obligated to in order to respect themselves as consumers of the industry.

So in response to your claim that all "self-respecting gamers" know exactly what Assassin's Creed is and what they're getting from that game and why they should want it and don't need Ubisoft to tell them any of that, I will simply counter that Wii owners are obviously not self-respecting gamers and excuse myself from this thread.

Since when is Assassin's Creed in decline ? ACIII is the fastest selling AC game ever.
Splinter Cell had a decline until Conviction hit the scene and Blacklist does roughly the same at the moment.

i wasnt gonna respond because he obviously doenst know what he is talking about in this regard. that first sentence said it all.

Because people play platformers for the mechanics, there isnt any other reason to play them otherwise^

fun?

DevilRising said:
enditall727 said:
If you want these games to start selling more, bring back the Wii Mote.

Simple

A) Wii U is 100% compatible with the Wii Mote.

B) With the Wiimote being the primary controller for Wii, that console got just about ZERO of Ubisofts big games like Assassin's Creed, etc.

C) Just...............*sigh*

Just Dance isnt a big game? what about Prince of Persia

Sure if you find euphoria fun^

Emily who? Never heard of her before.

Anyway, Ubisoft is bringing some quality content to the WiiU library. I´ve already purchased Just Dance 4, Assassin´s Creed III, Rayman Legends and ZombiU. All excellent games. I will buy Watch Dogs on launch and Splinter Cell when it´s on a sale.

WiiU fans shouldn´t miss those games.