By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

I thought Rayman Legends was the best version??

It is, and that's why the Wii U version is the best-selling version (retail at least, and probably also digital, thanks to that Challenge App thing), and maintaining its sales beyond day 1 the best.

Wii U to-date: 73,681
PS3 to-date: 61,508
360 to-date: 54,966

Wii U last week: 11,462 (15.56% of to-date)
PS3 last week: 7,657 (12.45% of to-date)
360 last week: 5,351 (9.74% of to-date)

I'd include the Vita version in the comparison, but VGChartz data puts it at 3,090 to-date. If one factors in the install bases, then the Wii U version is doing exceptionally well. Not bad, considering what Ubisoft did to Wii U owners back in February/March.

Anyway, I haven't yet gotten Rayman Legends, but it's on my list of games to buy. Also on that list is Watch Dogs.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

then buy it for WIi U. And if there is not WIi U version buy it for the console that you already have. Thats the point of being a multiconsole owner. Wait... you dont have a Wii U you really dont have room to talk

I'm getting one very soon. I hav already bought Need for Speed Most Wanted U. 

If third parties try to make me choose between a fully featured version and a version with more interesting controls, I'm more likely to just tell 'em to get stuffed and spend my money on something else.

well. whatever floats your boat. I personally think its silly to get worked up over a console(and buy games ) for said console you dont even own. Especially if you already have a console thats going to get most of the games anyway and if it doesnt you still dont miss anything.

As a consumer I vote with my wallet for what I want. Companies have to earn my money. I can always get games I don't want to support cheaply second hand down the track and still enjoy them. A wait won't kill me.

you're right about that

Aielyn said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

I thought Rayman Legends was the best version??

It is, and that's why the Wii U version is the best-selling version (retail at least, and probably also digital, thanks to that Challenge App thing), and maintaining its sales beyond day 1 the best.

Wii U to-date: 73,681
PS3 to-date: 61,508
360 to-date: 54,966

Wii U last week: 11,462 (15.56% of to-date)
PS3 last week: 7,657 (12.45% of to-date)
360 last week: 5,351 (9.74% of to-date)

I'd include the Vita version in the comparison, but VGChartz data puts it at 3,090 to-date. If one factors in the install bases, then the Wii U version is doing exceptionally well. Not bad, considering what Ubisoft did to Wii U owners back in February/March.

Anyway, I haven't yet gotten Rayman Legends, but it's on my list of games to buy. Also on that list is Watch Dogs.

UK charts have WiiU ahead first week, following week the 360 version was ahead, we don't have data for any other countries yet ....

I wish I could make a product and then threaten consumers to purchase it. LOL

oniyide said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
oniyide said:
oniyide said:
oniyide said:
Do people seriously think platformers work online?

littlebigplanet says hi

Ratchet and Clank also says hi

dont mean jack shit.

they are platformers and they work, so your question was answered and you were wrong.

Sorry bub, doesnt work well enough for me. This aint call of duty y'know

im sure you never played either of those games. care to tell me whats wrong with them? matter fact its ok i know you didnt play them.

Lol the first arguement I had on this forum was about Little Big Planet and those floaty mechanics and the online lag.

i didnt experience too much online lag. but it was patched to hell. sequel worked much better. as for floatly mechanics thats the way the game plays, has nothing to do with the online

I dont think you get what they are saying, granted they didnt do a good job of explaining it. I have played LBP and a lot of Mario. Mario wouldnt work online because it requires precision jumps. LBP doesnt. If you lag in LBG no big deal, you arent going to fall to your death. You lag in Mario at the wrong time and there goes a 1up. You are just looking at it as all platformers are the same. Like Killzone and COD are the same because they are FPS, forgetting that some game mechanics are very different.

Around the Network
Seece said:
UK charts have WiiU ahead first week, following week the 360 version was ahead, we don't have data for any other countries yet .... 

If you're referring to GFC Chart-Track, you can see data for the third and fourth weeks, too... but only if viewed on the "individual formats, by value" chart (the 360, PS3, and Wii U versions are all the same price, but it effectively removes cheaper games from the list). Wii U is ahead here.

is this one of those threads ?
Le sigh

then Ubisoft better pay effort on what the produce for WiiU

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

enditall727 said:
If you want these games to start selling more, bring back the Wii Mote.

Simple

A) Wii U is 100% compatible with the Wii Mote.

B) With the Wiimote being the primary controller for Wii, that console got just about ZERO of Ubisofts big games like Assassin's Creed, etc.

C) Just...............*sigh*

Well, I own ZombiU because it was a launch game. I also got Rayman: Legends. I only buy 3rd party Wii U games if 1. Its the definitive version that takes tangible advantage of the systems power (Most Wanted U) or 2. Is the exact same league as the 7th gen with a little thrown on top (Tekken Tag 2). If it has worse graphics or a lower frame rate/textures then no. This is what has kept me away from Blacklist, RE: Revelations, Darksiders II and ACIII. If Arkham Origins, ACIV or Watchdogs are straight ports if 7th gen, with no visual, performance or gamepad enhancements in anyway. I probably won't get them

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine