By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

I bought AC3 and Just Dance 4, enjoyed them some but they didn't spend a lot of time in my Wii U.

I have been a little intrigued by Watch Dogs and AC IV, if they prove to be good games I may get them.

Ubisoft, just like any other gaming company, has to earn my money - I will not buy games I don't want in hopes of future better games (not even from Nintendo).

This whole blame the userbase mentality is counter-productive. Yes a large portion of modern gamers like the GTA/COD/Madden AAA realistic games every month, etc. kinda scene. Obviously Nintendo owners aren't as into that (and if they are they probably have another console and/or PC to satisfy that need). If you can't sell games on a Nintendo platform you need to make better games because the market is there and buying games (and that doesn't just mean bloated production values). End of Discussion.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Around the Network

by the way, Splinter Cell is not doing any worse on WiiU than it is doing on other platforms. Not even 1 % attach rate in any of them: 0,006 (Xbox360) 0,0046 (PS3) 0,006(WiiU)

Ubisoft will be lucky if this game reach the 1 million mark - all console versions combined - any day.

I don't know what Ubisoft expects? In absolute numbers sure the Wii U version's sales look terrible but if you look at the attach rates for all versions, you get the following:

0.48m sold on X360  - 0.61% attach rate
0.37m sold on PS3 - 0.46% attach rate
0.02m sold  on - 0.57% attach rate.

Why should the Wii U install base suddenly rush to buy a game that seems to garner very little interest on all platforms?

Signature goes here!

Rogerioandrade said:
by the way, Splinter Cell is not doing any worse on WiiU than it is doing on other platforms. Not even 1 % attach rate in any of them: 0,006 (Xbox360) 0,0046 (PS3) 0,006(WiiU)

Ubisoft will be lucky if this game reach the 1 million mark - all console versions combined - any day.

lol what? its at .85 right now and thats just PS360 retail versions that not taking PC or WIi U into account. You dont think it will put up another .15? It hasnt even been out 2 full months. I think people are really trying to make SC sales look worst than it is to make WIi U version look better.

last i checked attach rates dont pay the bills and last i checked ubi hasnt said anything about SC numbers, period.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
last i checked attach rates dont pay the bills and last i checked ubi hasnt said anything about SC numbers, period.

Yes they don't pay the bills but they do show the problem lies with the game itself and not the Wii U install base specifically. You're right though, Ubisoft never mentionned SC, my earlier comment should be addressed at Emily Rogers not Ubisoft.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
oniyide said:

Yes they don't pay the bills but they do show the problem lies with the game itself and not the Wii U install base specifically. You're right though, Ubisoft never mentionned SC, my earlier comment should be addressed at Emily Rogers not Ubisoft.

yes thats fair instead of just talking about which game flopper harder on what system we should just wait for what UBi has to say, for all we know the game WASNT a flop and some people would look might foolish in the end.

oniyide said:

So why do you keep bringing it up like they have? By your own admission Ubi has said nothing. Yet you keep harping on it over and over.

ListerOfSmeg said:
oniyide said:

So why do you keep bringing it up like they have? By your own admission Ubi has said nothing. Yet you keep harping on it over and over.

?? the only ones here harping on it is forum goers and arm chair analyst and their opinions are just that opinions. As ive already said UBi hasnt said anything...at all.

oniyide said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
oniyide said:

?? the only ones here harping on it is forum goers and arm chair analyst and their opinions are just that opinions. As ive already said UBi hasnt said anything...at all.

You are the one I see posting over and over trying to push your opinion as fact. You are trying to deflect this on everyone else but its you who is carrying on a crusade that is pointless.

Ubisoft hasnt said anything. You admit that, yet you will still try to push your opinion off on others and ignore anything or dismiss anything that doesnt fit into your view.