By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

Threats will sell Wii U games 4 shoo!

Well good luck to Wii U, maybe the games start selling and 3rd party gets interested, no point investing money on a system that doesnt give back. =/

People have to remember that they have to buy those games new, if u just buy everything from cheap sales. The publishers don't get enough money back to justify making those bigger budget games on the system.

Around the Network

I've been saying this for years, the biggest problem to Nintendo is the Nintendo fanboys who drive away third party support and force Nintendo into bottleneck development by ignoring every 3rd party game and buying anything and everything with Mario, Link, or Pokeman on the cover and little else.

You can't complain about gimped games or missing features, and you can't complain about not having 3rd party games IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ACTUALLY SUPPORT 3RD PARTY DEVELOPERS AND PUBLISHERS.

Here's a more detailed analysis for those interested in seeing how fanboys harm Nintendo: http://www.gameinformer.com/members/residenthazard/blogs/default.aspx

Resident_Hazard said:
I've been saying this for years, the biggest problem to Nintendo is the Nintendo fanboys who drive away third party support and force Nintendo into bottleneck development by ignoring every 3rd party game and buying anything and everything with Mario, Link, or Pokeman on the cover and little else.

You can't complain about gimped games or missing features, and you can't complain about not having 3rd party games IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ACTUALLY SUPPORT 3RD PARTY DEVELOPERS AND PUBLISHERS.

Here's a more detailed analysis for those interested in seeing how fanboys harm Nintendo: http://www.gameinformer.com/members/residenthazard/blogs/default.aspx

Sorry, but thats one of the biggest piles of poo posts i have ever seen.

Basic marketing rule: You aim to satisfy the needs of the consumers. Obviously not the other way around. If a product doesnt sell, the fault lies with the product, not the consumer. The product failed at satisfying the consumer needs.

I find it funny how there so much disinformation that people on the internet think that the consumers are the ones that should go after what the companies offer. Its hilarious at best and ranks up with the Microsoft X1 unveil, where said likeminded companies start thinking they can do whatever they want and people will buy it.

That strategy will never work.

Rogerioandrade said:
oniyide said:
Rogerioandrade said:
by the way, Splinter Cell is not doing any worse on WiiU than it is doing on other platforms. Not even 1 % attach rate in any of them: 0,006 (Xbox360) 0,0046 (PS3) 0,006(WiiU)

Ubisoft will be lucky if this game reach the 1 million mark - all console versions combined - any day.

lol what? its at .85 right now and thats just PS360 retail versions that not taking PC or WIi U into account. You dont think it will put up another .15? It hasnt even been out 2 full months. I think people are really trying to make SC sales look worst than it is to make WIi U version look better.

Anyway, still very low by the franchise standards. 0.1 k won´t help much. I wonder how many copies Ubisoft need in order to make a profit of this game.

not that isnt low by the franchise standard dont know what number you're looking at. Conviction was the last one. That sold half a mil in the first week but only for 360. 360 PS3 combined 1st week sold 450k thats sound to be in the same ball park and its still doing better than double agent.

DevilRising said:
oniyide said:
DevilRising said:

A) Wii U is 100% compatible with the Wii Mote.

B) With the Wiimote being the primary controller for Wii, that console got just about ZERO of Ubisofts big games like Assassin's Creed, etc.

C) Just...............*sigh*

Just Dance isnt a big game? what about Prince of Persia

I'm sorry, but no.

Wii got a shitty port of PoP 3 with waggle tacked on. It did not get a port of the (very solid) 2008 PoP game. It also got a sub-par port of "Forgotten Sands". Just Dance is a high selling franchise. That does not, however, imply that it has any value to acual gamers. I was clearly talking about Ubi's big franchises that have made them the force they are right now, especially among the uber-pre-ordering "hardcore" gamers.

They deserve credit for publishing the Red Steel and No More Heroes games on Wii. They did also put Rayman Origins on Wii. But when it came to their bigger "hardcore" franchises like Rainbow Six: Vegas, Far Cry 2, Assasin's Creed, etc., Wii missed the boat. That's what I was saying. Having the Wiimote go back to being hte primary controller isn't going to "Fix" anything at this point. The system getting games, and people actually buying them is.

really because according to most here they would swear that the WIi got the best version of Forgotten Sands. Did YOU just not like it? are the reviews wrong? Are wii fans talking out their ass? Im asking cause i dont know. Im not a fan of the series. Oh how times have changed i remember when WIi fans would tout Just Dance around as one of the big franchises, but its not no more? (obviously i understand that not ALL Wii owners think the same and i dont even think you ever made that argument, just find it interesting how things change) I would watch the "value to actual gamers" comment not because i dont agree, cause i do but people get sensitive about that. 

I agree with the 2nd paragraph

Around the Network
Resident_Hazard said:

Now i remember why i don't spend so much time on Vgchartz any more...

Biggest pile of Sh*t I've read in a long time

Get over yourself...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

An easy way to create enemies.

Aside from Rayman, I don't like anything Ubi puts on the table.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Veknoid_Outcast said:
flagstaad said:

I have Splinter Cell for Wii U.

I plan to buy Rayman Legends when it reaches 40 dollars and Watch Dogs day 1, I am doing my part.

How is Splinter Cell, by the way? I hear the GamePad features are great, but I hate that it's missing local co-op.

I'm planning on getting Legends and Watch Dogs on Wii U too, barring some disaster with the Wii U version of Watch Dogs.

I will let you know when I get my console...

Yes, I already have 6 Wii U games and not the console to play them, why? long story short a friend was suppouse to bring it a few months back, but there was a delay in delivery and we had to cancel the shipping, but the games did arrived on time.

I bought the console this past week (Zelda edition) but it takes time to arrive to my country. Coming back to your question, I heard good reviews and the only big issue are the loading times.

Luckily for Emily Rogers, all hope doesn't seem lost.

Yesterday I decided to pre-order Watch_Dogs for WiiU at a store, because they had a promotion offering the Special Edition (the one with the DLC that's apparently already been planned) for the price of the regular game. I thought, why not? I want this game on WiiU, so some free DLC is welcome. Nothing out of the ordinary, could pre-order like regular... Until today, when I got an email saying my pre-order had been cancelled because they didn't have anymore available! Watch_Dogs WiiU was sold sold out!

O.O

S.Peelman said:
Luckily for Emily Rogers, all hope doesn't seem lost.

Yesterday I decided to pre-order Watch_Dogs for WiiU at a store, because they had a promotion offering the Special Edition (the one with the DLC that's apparently already been planned) for the price of the regular game. I thought, why not? I want this game on WiiU, so some free DLC is welcome. Nothing out of the ordinary, could pre-order like regular... Until today, when I got an email saying my pre-order had been cancelled because they didn't have anymore available! Watch_Dogs WiiU was sold sold out!

O.O

This probably says more about the expected shipment size than the demand sadly.

It's not coming out for a while though... surely they have time to order more?!