By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week. [PART 2]

Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week.

Yes 32 40.00%

No 25 31.25%

See Results 20 25.00%

Total:77

lmao. thats twice now we've responded to the same guy posting the same thing.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
SonOfLiberty said:

you dont understand how pokemon works. B2&W2 arent sequels, theyre the same game with extra content. The games are a part of the same gen. no graphical or gameplay changes.A sequel is Red to Gold, not Red to Yellow. 

So, what's your logic for thinking that Pokemon will be bigger than the DS ones when all signs point to the contrary?

I personally can't wait for the first weeks sales to be out. It will be hilarious.

ok, wats your prediction for FW sales WW? (1 day of sales outside japan, 2 days in japan)

menx64 said:
SonOfLiberty said:
menx64 said:
In an ideal world it should... not happening though... Lifetime maybe... GTA is even more casual than pokemon.

Pokemon is surprisingly competitive online. alot harder than most games. its in the fighting game tier in terms of competitive play difficulty

So true... People get really surprised when they find out is no joke.

For those you do not know:

I feel for that other guy. when i started competitive battling, i too was swep by aron. I had no idea how Items were so vital to the game. i usually beat the main game without my pokemon holding anything. now i know better

SonOfLiberty said:

so many people get confused with pokemon games, 1 guy about a month or 2 ago thought pokemon XY would sell 4-5mil lifetime cuz BW2 sold 6.5mil on a 150mil user base lol

Lawlight said:
SonOfLiberty said:

you dont understand how pokemon works. B2&W2 arent sequels, theyre the same game with extra content. The games are a part of the same gen. no graphical or gameplay changes.A sequel is Red to Gold, not Red to Yellow. 

So, what's your logic for thinking that Pokemon will be bigger than the DS ones when all signs point to the contrary?

I personally can't wait for the first weeks sales to be out. It will be hilarious.

DPP sold 25 mil lifetme, and the only change it brought was a physical/special split. Gen 6 has the most change. .i think you're understimating the switch to full 3D. this is every pokemon fans dream come true.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
SonOfLiberty said:

so many people get confused with pokemon games, 1 guy about a month or 2 ago thought pokemon XY would sell 4-5mil lifetime cuz BW2 sold 6.5mil on a 150mil user base lol

its a complex but smart business model. selling the same game in 3 different packages. if pokemon was a single entry it wouldnt be in the COD GTA tier of bestsellers.

Lawlight said:
SonOfLiberty said:

Because the series sells higher and higher barring the original BW.

SonOfLiberty said:
tbone51 said:
SonOfLiberty said:

its a complex but smart business model. selling the same game in 3 different packages. if pokemon was a single entry it wouldnt be in the COD GTA tier of bestsellers.

actually you cant cut it half, i think back in diamond/pearl days, nintendo did a survey (i cant find source), i rememberit was around 8% -10% of players buy both versions, so if its 10% it means a single version still sell as good Ex: Gold/Silver=23mil, then 20.7mil bought the game!

well, an extra 2m always helps lol

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
SonOfLiberty said:

ok, wats your prediction for FW sales WW? (1 day of sales outside japan, 2 days in japan)

3.5M.