By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: 6 Things it Does Better

How did Sony drop the ball exactly? "too high of a price" The price they have already been able to drop to produce by 400 dollars. They didn't come out with the console sooner? Why so they could have a well known RRoD problem? Free online gamming perhaps. Oh I know they Blu-ray drive that probablly helped them win the format war...

You sound like a MS fanboy to me. Especially since you said Sony fanboys need to stop. When in fact some of those were Nintendo Fanboys, but if you recognized them you couldn't say "your console isn't dominating"

Face it. Not everyone finds these compelling reason to buy a 360. Face it Sony will probablly fix most of these.

Around the Network

"I believe Sony has dropped the ball this time around and I will NEVER own a PS3."

Fine for you. If you have a 360 there is not much sense in also getting a PS3 anyway. Most games will be almost identical multiplatform between them this gen.
I don't know what the PS3 did to hurt your feelings though. Its an awesome machine and multimedia center, it plays BR discs. It's build like a rock. Games finally look identical on it to the 360. It has some awesome exclusives 2008, the price is coming down to normal levels, perhaps we will even see a slimline PS3 in the next year. Yes the first year was pretty crappy though, but now the situation is different.

PooperScooper said:
How did Sony drop the ball exactly? "too high of a price" The price they have already been able to drop to produce by 400 dollars. They didn't come out with the console sooner? Why so they could have a well known RRoD problem? Free online gamming perhaps. Oh I know they Blu-ray drive that probablly helped them win the format war...

You sound like a MS fanboy to me. Especially since you said Sony fanboys need to stop. When in fact some of those were Nintendo Fanboys, but if you recognized them you couldn't say "your console isn't dominating"

Face it. Not everyone finds these compelling reason to buy a 360. Face it Sony will probablly fix most of these.

LOL, how did Sony drop the ball? Let's see...

Highest price, smallest library of good games, unneccesary Blu Ray player(not needed for gaming), incomplete online capabilities(the reason it is free btw), marketing to "hardcore" audience only, lack of innovation(same stuff just more powerful tech), released after 360(hurts software development), constantly changing SKUs/prices, arrogance to believe that people would buy their system at any price with any features just cuz PS2 dominated, relentless PR spin on worthless "facts", etc etc etc.

Kyros said:
"I believe Sony has dropped the ball this time around and I will NEVER own a PS3."

Fine for you. If you have a 360 there is not much sense in also getting a PS3 anyway. Most games will be almost identical multiplatform between them this gen.
I don't know what the PS3 did to hurt your feelings though. Its an awesome machine and multimedia center, it plays BR discs. It's build like a rock. Games finally look identical on it to the 360. It has some awesome exclusives 2008, the price is coming down to normal levels, perhaps we will even see a slimline PS3 in the next year. Yes the first year was pretty crappy though, but now the situation is different.

My feelings are not hurt as I am not a fag that think any of this has to do with emotions. See my previous post on what Sony did wrong this time.

It's official. You are an idiot. Highest price that still kept them up with 360 with 360 release of Halo3. And they reduced it more than 360. unneccesary BR? Sony is all about the newest technology. BR drive was the newest. It helped them with winning the format war. Fitting a game on one DVD is becomming a little problem. Though I think at this point it is pointless for gamming(not for the system though) I think it will play a bigger role next generation or the end of this one. I'm glad they didn't rush their crap out like the 360. 360 constantly changed Sku's too. Can someone list them all please? I know there are like 5 of them. Arrogance is a sad sorry excuse for you to try and make more excuses than you have. Edit: "smallest library" thing is real old. 360 had NO good games at launch and didn't have a must buy until Gears of War.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
It's official. You are an idiot. Highest price that still kept them up with 360 with 360 release of Halo3. And they reduced it more than 360. unneccesary BR? Sony is all about the newest technology. BR drive was the newest. It helped them with winning the format war. Fitting a game on one DVD is becomming a little problem. Though I think at this point it is pointless for gamming(not for the system though) I think it will play a bigger role next generation or the end of this one. I'm glad they didn't rush their crap out like the 360. 360 constantly changed Sku's too. Can someone list them all please? I know there are like 5 of them. Arrogance is a sad sorry excuse for you to try and make more excuses than you have.

First of all, Sony has NOT won any format war. BR is owned by MANY companies to begin with, secondly DVDs still own 90%+ of the market. Also, HDDVD is not 100% dead anyway, they still have 2 major exclusive studios and will be around as long as they do. Next, PS3 HAD to have more price drops than 360 to compete, and it has changed more SKUs in 1 year than the 360 did in 2 years. You are the one that is an idiot, just look at your name on this site. I got news for you little boy, I am 28 years old, have multiple college degrees, and have been playing video games longer than you have been alive. You call me an idiot again and you are gonna look really stupid wearing your ass for a hat...

"Highest price"

If you want WLAN, HDMI, a HD player a hard-disc, a rechargeable controller for your 360 the PS3 is cheaper. Yes you cannot get a cheaper bare-bone system. That's true.

"constantly changing SKUs/prices"

Xbox Arcade, Xbox Elite, Xbox without HD, xbox with hd, some with falcon chip, some without. Your fanboy love must make you blind, at least ALL PS3 SKUs are equally well suited to play PS3 games. Thats a bit different for the 360.

"arrogance to believe that people would buy their system at any price with any features just cuz PS2 dominated"

I thought you had no emotions in it. It's true, you do not have to buy one if it is too expensive for you or if the added features are not worth it for you. But the features are still great and the price is going down.

", relentless PR spin on worthless "facts", etc etc etc."

Completely unlike MS. "No we have no hardware failure problems..."

"I am 28 years old, have multiple college degrees"

Its true the 360 has the college fratboy demographic in its talons

To summarize: Yes 2007 the 360 was the better gaming device than the PS3. No argument against that. Halo, MAss Effects, Bioshock. IMO 2008 this will change radically. It will have better games, the price will drop into the mass-market level, important OS features the 360 has will be added, it still has the by far better hardware. And it is the Playstation.

If you already have a 360 do not worry, I am pretty sure that its life will be longer than for the original XBOX because its a pretty nice machine, but I really do not get your Anti-PS3 rants because most problems you seem to have with it are worse on the 360.  

Kyros said:
"Highest price"

If you want WLAN, HDMI, a HD player a hard-disc, a rechargeable controller for your 360 the PS3 is cheaper. Yes you cannot get a cheaper bare-bone system. That's true.

"constantly changing SKUs/prices"

Xbox Arcade, Xbox Elite, Xbox without HD, xbox with hd, some with falcon chip, some without. Your fanboy love must make you blind, at least ALL PS3 SKUs are equally well suited to play PS3 games. Thats a bit different for the 360.

"arrogance to believe that people would buy their system at any price with any features just cuz PS2 dominated"

I thought you had no emotions in it. It's true, you do not have to buy one if it is too expensive for you or if the added features are not worth it for you. But the features are still great and the price is going down.

", relentless PR spin on worthless "facts", etc etc etc."

Completely unlike MS. "No we have no hardware failure problems..."

First off, my 360 came with HDMI, 2 free games, and a headset for $349. Secondly, the PS3 had more changes in 1 year than the 360 had in 2 years so that argument you give is moot. Thirdly, that comment had nothing to do with emotions, it has to do with them trying to charge too much money for a "gaming" machine. Oh, and I can afford ANYTHING I want. I spent $1600 on a PC I built myself, a $1000 on 360 and extras, $1000 on Wii and extras, $1000 on a SONY HD TV, $600 on a PSP and extras in the LAST 6 MONTHS...

Kyros said:
"I am 28 years old, have multiple college degrees"

Its true the 360 has the college fratboy demographic in its talons

I am not a fratboy, frats are for fags. Also, Halo is a piece of crap IMO, so there goes your argument.