By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: 6 Things it Does Better

@Final-fan

Thought the author clearly is not fond of the PS3, he didn't say anything revolutionary that hasn't already come up in gaming media elsewhere lately. You'll also note that under the link i point out that it is a user-submitted article.

That said, as i point out, the site editor (and that site is reputable and also has a reputation for being quite pro-sony) points out Home is "plagued with performance and security concerns" and "not all it's cracked up to be."

Check the article again if you missed that.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

^ no legend but my point was if the PS3 was in such a financial mess as the banned user implied then they wouldnt have turned profit.

I was the only user who predicted Sony would turn profit. (Of course it was a sarcastic perdiction with a one dollar profit) but my point is people suggested Sony would be negative one billion dollars.

Actually, i'ts not 6 things, i'ts one. And that thing is....nothing

And don't forget it's also better at making the room temperature go up

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

Starcraft I'd take that worth a grain of salt. It is more saying that it isn't appealing. That is a personal preference. The argument here is will home fix the online PS3 issues. Will it rival the 360. Will these 6 points become moot after home comes out. If Sony impliments Live's features and it isn't as good it will come down to PS3 having free online.

And then xbox 360 owners will still be completely justified in saying that they have the better online service Pooper.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
SSurTails said:
Actually, i'ts not 6 things, i'ts one. And that thing is....nothing

And don't forget it's also better at making the room temperature go up

Why do you even bother posting in a thread if you're not actually going to add anything to the conversation and just make idiotic statements?

PooperScooper said:
Starcraft I'd take that worth a grain of salt. It is more saying that it isn't appealing. That is a personal preference. The argument here is will home fix the online PS3 issues. Will it rival the 360. Will these 6 points become moot after home comes out. If Sony impliments Live's features and it isn't as good it will come down to PS3 having free online.

The problem that I see with Home is that it isn't an ever-present system like XBL.  It may serve as an expanded lobby, which can be a positive step, but it still not adding the features that XBL is touted for (cross game invites, cross game chatting with friends, consistency across games, etc.).  I think the problem that the PS3 faces in implementing many of these features is the games are not already programmed for them.  Implementing major changes to your online strategy a year and a half into the life of your console meets many challenges.  In the end, my prediction is that the PS3 will never have the same features as XBL just because they are features that need to be included in your strategy from the beginning.  The games need to be setup to hook into your online system.  Going back and trying to change everything over will most likely cause inconsistent compatibility.  I think that Sony will most likely completely revamp the online system for the PS4. 

(on the side, your post is difficult to read.  You are missing 4 question marks.) 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

i have to disagree--the wii interface is some much better then blades---nothing beats point and click

A decent post actually :P I do however dissagree with a few of the points.

1st) User Interface. The XMB in my opinion is infinitely better, it's far less cluttered, looks better, and with the ability to download themes (free) and have them change my icons, sound effects, keytones, etc etc. I think it's a far superior setup. I use my friends 360 on occasion and it looks like someone vomited colors and blades ;-;, then with ms's nasty adds and what not... bleh. But again, just my opinion lol.

2nd) Download service, I love the content that they offer (they massively lack on entertaining games I feel however), but the filesize limitation is absolutely terrible >
Microsoft definitely stepped up it's value with it's online capabilities, I'm just not sure I'm willing to pay for them. However, it is indeed leaps and bounds above the competition at the moment, at least in terms of functionality. I personally prefer Sony's dedicated servers for online play (not a fan of P2P), but for functionality I'll give it to live for now :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I'd agree with the list, but I'd make #1 ACHIEVEMENTS!!

The concept of Achievements is huge, and really overlooked by non-360 players. It adds a lot of replay value to a game, gets you to perhaps explore games in new ways, and gives you the ability to compare how you are doing to a friend. Really adds a lot to the sense of community.

Note on the live file size limit: The file size limit only applies to Arcade titles. HD movies can be downloaded and they are often 5-6 GIG in size. The 360 also lets you start watching a movie download before it is finished. i.e. I just watched Transformers in HD (6 gig), and it was able to start playing within 5 minutes of clicking download. (The PS3 may do this too, I'm not sure)

My 360 can blog!

Gamers have 3 choices this generation: The Exercise Machine, the Movie Machine, or the Game Machine.  What kind of gamer are you?