By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: 6 Things it Does Better

Solidar said:
PooperScooper said:
Oh and if you were so educated as you say you are. You would know IQ doesn't mean anything.

It grades how you precive things not how smart you are.

My IQ = 144.

You wish that was your IQ, but online BS tests dn't count dumbass. You get tested for IQ when you are a kid and it is professionally done. Also, IQ means EVERYTHING as it lets you know how INTELLIGENT you are. If your IQ is below 100 it means you are not able to learn things very well. Below 80 is considered mentally retarded. 150 and above = genius level.

SO NOW YOU ARE GENIUS? The 360 has good features, so does the PS3 -IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO WHAT YOU LIKE.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

Why are so many people wanting to troll this topic? The 360 is BETTER at the things mentioned, end of story. If you don't like that fact it's too bad because your personal opinions about how important those points are and predictions of the future change nothing about the points made in the original post.

There are way too many insecure fanboys that get worked up whenever any kind of paise is given to the 360, it's pretty sad really. Every console does some things better than their competition so take off the fanboy blinders and accept it.

I can't find anything that is in that article that I disagree with. Unfortunately threads like these bring fan boys out in force.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

This went from a thread about the good things Microsoft to a flexing of internet-muscles. Always fun.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Reasonable said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Many if not all of these gripes will change with HOME. Save for the downloading then installing thing, which is dumb.

That argument is getting weaker and weaker with each passing day. Check out the link below which outlines how their are critical flaws in Home's development, many of which are considered irreversable.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/02/09/sonys-oft-delayed-home-sure-to-disappoint-ps3-users/

It is important to note that that is a reader-submitted article, however it is reflective of the general increase in doubt within the industry over Home's capabilities, a general decline in Sony's hype for the software (if you recall, the last time Sony hyped something and then started shutting up about it was Lair) and the delays the program has seen.

Edit: Whilst the bulk of the article is user-submitted, the beginning two sentences, written by the site, can be seen below:

"We all know that Sony’s Home online service, similar to Xbox Live, isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. The Home service is plagued with performance and security concerns."

Lol - that's the funniest, least informed, least useful blog I've seen in a while. Home might well underwhelm, but whoever put this 'article' together clearly doesn't have a single fact to present - if they turn out to be right, it will be an accident only.

All you ever do is tell people they are wrong.  You never say why (at least not coherantly) and you never apply any logic of your own.  You simply attack people without foundation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Kyros said:
"Friend management" Agreed
"communication" Da
"Custom soundtracks" Ja

"Downloads"
I call hyperbole on this one. Since the PS3 has background downloading the difference is that the PS3 requires you to click on install? How terrible. On the other hand the Playstation Store is not very nice (read f**king terrible)

"User interface"
Please? Clean interface? I will readily concede that the 360 interface has more features cramped into it but the XMB is a much cleaner, better-looking experience that everyone understands instantly. When I see the orange/green and purple mess that is the 360 interface I would shoot the designer.

But yes Microsoft is a better software developer than Sony and they did one-up them on the networking features. I still think that the user interface once again proves that while they are able to provide the functionality they couldn't add a bit of style if their live depended on it.
What an excellent post.  I guess it's too bad for MS that they didn't have an Apple console to copy the style of ...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@ starcraft: Whatever Reasonable's faults may be, I looked at that post and it was clearly an anti-PS3 screed disguised as a critique. It was full of 'PS3 is dying' type stuff.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wow, the Sony fanboys are out in force in this thread.(and in the Microsoft forum, no less) It seemed like a pretty reasonable discussion when I checked this thread yesterday, but today it's gone to hell! :O

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

^LOL at your comment.

PooperScooper said:
You're an idiot my friend. Dropping the price to stay alive excuse is old too. Everyone said they would be loosing 400-500 dollars on each system sold. Sony's financial reports beg to differ. The only way they were able to stay in the black was because their production cost lowered drastically. Which in terms allowed them to lowering the price. Which in terms helped them sell more. You are an idiot if you don't believe Sony had much to gain from BR winning. (More sony HDTV's sold. more HD players sold. more HD software sold. for examples) And you are an idiot for talking aout of your ass. Do you know how old I am? No you don't so your age comment proves just how big of a moron you really are.

Does Sony's financial reports break things down by console?  Because we all know that the PS2 is a GRAVY TRAIN for Sony.  How well is the PS3 doing by itself?