By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC: Tropical Freeze Delayed? (Don't Panic)

and Watch_dogs (WiiU) delayed too ?

"those waiting for watch dog on wiiu should prepare them for disappointment, from what I've heard from retailers...hopefully I'm wrong..."

"Q1 2014
Only version delayed it seems"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83706161&postcount=2637

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
If it gets delayed it won`t be so bad and it would allow to keep the momentum going after the holidays.
Maybe Nintendo has something else planned and sees that DK could help more after the holidays.

Soundwave, you work in the media business? I ask because normally only the media and devs are invited to E3.

My friend has a media company that I sometimes help out with so I was able to get a pass that way. 

Anyways, Zavi (sp?) is saying March 2014. 

Sh1nn said:

"those waiting for watch dog on wiiu should prepare them for disappointment, from what I've heard from retailers...hopefully I'm wrong..."

"Q1 2014

Dat Ubi Soft love, lol. It wasn't going to sell great on Wii U anyway though I don't think. 

Soundwave said:
DélioPT said:
If it gets delayed it won`t be so bad and it would allow to keep the momentum going after the holidays.
Maybe Nintendo has something else planned and sees that DK could help more after the holidays.

Soundwave, you work in the media business? I ask because normally only the media and devs are invited to E3.

My friend has a media company that I sometimes help out with so I was able to get a pass that way. 

Anyways, Zavi (sp?) is saying March 2014. 

Now i get your E3 comments! :)

On topic:

I was browsing neogaf and one user posted an email from amazon.es about this:

"El proveedor de este videojuego nos ha informado de que ha cambiado la fecha de lanzamiento del producto en el mercado. En estos momentos no disponemos de la fecha exacta, pero en cuanto nuestro proveedor nos proporcione la nueva fecha de lanzamiento, le enviaremos un e-mail para confirmar la fecha estimada de entrega de su pedido según la opción de envío seleccionada."

Which means the developer has contacted amazon.es to inform them that they have changed the release date for the game (DKCR TP). And that at this moment they have no new release date.

Well, it`s pretty much confirmed now!

In theory (and theory only) do you guys think there would be backlash against Nintendo if they released Mario Kart 8 in December with say only 12 new tracks and 12 retro tracks, and then offered 8 extra tracks as free DLC later on?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

In theory (and theory only) do you guys think there would be backlash against Nintendo if they released Mario Kart 8 in December with say only 12 new tracks and 12 retro tracks, and then offered 8 extra tracks as free DLC later on?

There would definitely backlash.

Warranted or not, there would be tons of it.

Soundwave said:

backlash-No

dissapointment-Yes

Excitement when they realize the Big N are open to DLC in MK8-Priceless =D

Soundwave said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Soundwave said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I don't think Amazon and Xtralife are really trustworthy sources when it comes to game release dates.

It is kinda odd though that Mario 3D World and Zelda WW HD still have release dates, but DKC now doesn't on Amazon. 

I checked on Nintendo's web site and DKC:TF is nowhere to be found. The plot thickens.

OMG, game is totally being changed to Metroid: Tropical Samus isn't it ;). 

Hrm. I wonder if this is why Wii Sports Club just showed up kinda out of nowhere, to fill in. 

I was just about to say "Donky Kong got cancelled for Metroid".  Though I wouldn't mind seeing Samus in her bikini again.

Sh1nn said:

"Q1 2014

That would suck, I could get that game for the 360/PS3/PC, but I was looking froward to playing it on the tablet.  That and Sonic were the two third party Wii U games I was going to go get for U later this year.

Rushing Mario Kart 8 would be very bad and not really needed, btw.