By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC: Tropical Freeze Delayed? (Don't Panic)

Per NeoGaf is seems Amazon.com has changed the Dec. 5th date on the game to TBA and Xtralife is now listing a Feburary 2014 release date. 

Lets not get too carried away it could mean nothing, but I wonder if something is up. 

Perhaps Nintendo could move Mario Kart 8 up to December and release it with some missing retro tracks that could be added later on as free DLC in this case? 

Between NSMBU/NSLU, Sonic: LW, Rayman Legends, and Mario 3D World, the Wii U was overloaded with platformers anyway I guess. 

Around the Network

Naaa, nintendo just swapped dates a couple weeks ago. If that were the case we be hearing news of it!

I think a strategic delay makes sense. Otherwise the Wii U would have a drought between December and Mario Kart.

I don't think Amazon and Xtralife are really trustworthy sources when it comes to game release dates.

Signature goes here!

It could be that the game simply needs more time to be of the quality Retro/Nintendo want too, who knows.

I spent a ton of time at Nintendo's E3 booth this year, and this game of all of the major fall Wii U titles was the one that felt like a regular Wii game just running in HD resolution.

Maybe they want to expand the scope of the game.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I don't think Amazon and Xtralife are really trustworthy sources when it comes to game release dates.

It is kinda odd though that Mario 3D World and Zelda WW HD still have release dates, but DKC now doesn't on Amazon. 

Soundwave said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It is kinda odd though that Mario 3D World and Zelda WW HD still have release dates, but DKC now doesn't on Amazon. 

I checked on Nintendo's web site and DKC:TF is nowhere to be found. The plot thickens.

Signature goes here!

Soundwave said:
It could be that the game simply needs more time to be of the quality Retro/Nintendo want too, who knows.

I spent a ton of time at Nintendo's E3 booth this year, and this game of all of the major fall Wii U titles was the one that felt like a regular Wii game just running in HD resolution.

Maybe they want to expand the scope of the game.

Could be they just feel like Sonic, 3D World, Wii Fit, Wii Party, and Wind Waker will carry them through the holidays, and DKC would just be overload and possibly cannabalize sales of other Nintendo games.   The extra time to polish and improve quality is just icing on the cake.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

TruckOSaurus said:
Soundwave said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I checked on Nintendo's web site and DKC:TF is nowhere to be found. The plot thickens.

OMG, game is totally being changed to Metroid: Tropical Samus isn't it ;). 

Hrm. I wonder if this is why Wii Sports Club just showed up kinda out of nowhere, to fill in. 

They wanted to give Wii U owners a chance to recover from the gaming smörgåsbord of the past year.