By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW +SW Up! 21st September 2013 (GTA V Week) ~336k PS3 ~180K X360

That was quick...
These hardware numbers, was it GTA V?

Vita still lagging behind with price cut and cheaper memory cards, wonder if the new model will make any difference when it comes to the west.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
chocoloco said:
tbone51 said:
chocoloco said:

Seems like GTA V sold more 7 year old consoles than Pikmin and wonderful 101 sold new hardware. 

GTA is one of the top 5 best selling franchises, might be top 3, and you think the other two games are comparable??? Really o.O

No, I am just glad the 360 and PS3 sell more consoles than the Wii U. My prefrence dude.

your preference is fine, but the way it came out. Its like "REALLY"? lol

A llittle trash talking never hurt anyone. Unless you hold too much value in video game consoles. You probably did not interpret it like I meant it.

Thanks GTA! ^^

Bail said:
JWeinCom said:
Bail said:
I don't understand how X360 is getting a bigger hardware boost (in relative and absolute numbers) than PS3 which had an exclusive GTA5 bundle.

Anyone ?

It's not that hard to explain... In the US, the XBox 360 has pretty much always sold better.  The XBox 360 is a more attractive prospect to US consumers for various reasons.  These reasons aren't all eliminated by the presence of a GTA bundle.

I was talking about WW numbers, not only US, even if I'm ok with your explanations.

I think that going from 74k to 300k  without bundles is more curious than going from 116k to 336k with bundles (and those did great if we refer to UK chartz).
But that's just my opinion.

Eh, PS3 sold better in EU, and XBox 360 sold better in USA.  Seems legit to me.  I think people are overestimating the effect of the bundle. 

nice boost for ps3 and 360, not so much for the Wii U considering the price cut.

Around the Network
ChristianTheAtheist said:

That was quick...
These hardware numbers, was it GTA V?

Vita still lagging behind with price cut and cheaper memory cards, wonder if the new model will make any difference when it comes to the west.

Without 3rd party vita will never sell well

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

chocoloco said:
tbone51 said:
chocoloco said:
tbone51 said:
chocoloco said:

Seems like GTA V sold more 7 year old consoles than Pikmin and wonderful 101 sold new hardware. 

GTA is one of the top 5 best selling franchises, might be top 3, and you think the other two games are comparable??? Really o.O

No, I am just glad the 360 and PS3 sell more consoles than the Wii U. My prefrence dude.

your preference is fine, but the way it came out. Its like "REALLY"? lol

A llittle trash talking never hurt anyone. Unless you hold too much value in video game consoles. You probably did not interpret it like I meant it.

Everybody needs a good bashing! WiiU being called Dead for to long, you'll all see. It'll be selling 300k per week soon @.@ ..... Ok 300k per month soon @.@ ...... I just hope it sells! :'(

guiduc said:
Astonishing sales for GTAV... People at Rockstar must be celebrating with Champagne and caviar.

Something like this lol 

Good numbers for the Wii U. Better than most smart people expected (forum trolls obviously not included in this group)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

The Wii U price drop was global, right? Did it do nothing in Europe or Japan?