By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - if ps3 outsells 360 how big will it make the gap?

It really depends on price cuts, exclusives, etc., but I think at least 10 mil., if not 25-35.

Around the Network

i think that :

360: sells 40 mil life time
ps3 50-60 mil life time
give or take...

Quartz said:
Don't expect the next Xbox to be an Xbox... The name will NEVER sell in Japan!

i dont think so microsoft have spent to much money on that brand to throw it away

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^do you think that will be enough for developers to make games exclusively more on sonys favore

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
^do you think that will be enough for developers to make games exclusively more on sonys favore

developers want to make multi-platforms so they can make more $$ - it's as simple as that

Around the Network
PDF said:
^ no I dont. Isnt it the Publishers choice what platform it is on? The exclusives that come out will be because Sony and MS made deals not because the developer or publisher wanted too.

What about Sony's in-house development studios and 2nd party affiliates? Just this last year alone, at least 7 1st party games and 5 2nd party games were released for the ps3, all the while games like God of War 2 were being released on the ps2. Once Sony's development teams begin focusing exclusively on the ps3, the exclusives will come.

People always seem to discount SCE Worldwide Studios. Naughty Dog, Team ICO, Incognito, Polyphony Digital, Zipper Interactive, Guerrilla Games, Clap Hanz, Evolution Studios, SCE Japan, SCE Santa Monica, SCE Cambridge, SCE Liverpool, SCE London, etc. are all owned and operated by Sony, and studios like Insomniac, Sucker Punch, Ninja Theory, Media Molecule, Eat Sleep Play, etc. are independent companies that exclusively support Sony platforms.  This leads to a lot of PlayStation exclusives.

oh yeah, it'll easily get some big 2nd party exclusives with the sales it'll have.