By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Trend is about to be Reversed - Officially

In the next two weeks, Wii will likely pass 21.6 million units sold to gamers - pushing it past Gamecube lifetime shipments in about 14 months even though Gamecube has been out for 75 months (61 months longer than Wii).

That means at the very least, Nintendo's console sales will go...NES>SNES>N64>Wii>GC.  By the end of the year, it will probably end up like this:  NES>SNES>Wii>N64>GC.  Early in 2009 it should like this NES>Wii>SNES>N64>GC.  Sometime before the 20th anniversary of the Genesis launch (November 2009) the mighty NES will finally be dethroned as Nintendo's top seller.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Here here...

Sweet, I'm glad to see it, the sellouts won't stop anytime soon, I had about 20 people today come in the store asking for Wii's and it's different people everyday it seems, and 20 people is about average so multiply 20 times the days I've been at work which I don't know at the moment, and keep in mind this is a smaller city, so yeah, I don't see any reason it wouldn't sell more then the NES.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I'm going to come!

Ok, that was gross, but really, this was my wet dream and now it has come true. Maybe Karma do exist.

How much did N64 sell?

Around the Network

We'll have to throw a party when it passes up the NES.

CIHYFS?

It'll be an EPIC mildstone when it passes NES

Devilstation said:
How much did N64 sell?

I think around 33 million at most maybe

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

N64 was 32.9 million, that's still a very good amount, quite respectable, Wii is about to out do it in much less time which is crazy.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Devilstation said:
How much did N64 sell?

Around 33 million. Considering what this site is about, you'd get answers to sales related questions fastest from VGChartz database.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.