By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii U Bundle For Japan Includes 32GB Console, Mario U, And Wii Party U

Zero999 said:
vfguy said:
I don't know if it will make a difference. A PS3 is 6500 yen cheaper and offers a massive library compared with the Wii U's paltry selection.

Even the 360 is 11500 yen cheaper and has a huge library (yes, even in Japan).

The PS4 is clearly on the horizon as well and will only cost 10000 yen more than this bundle.

Bundling is obviously a cheaper way to "lower the price" than actually lowering the price and taking a loss on the hardware.

Personally, along with a cheaper price and more games, I would like a really cool Japanese Wii U LE console. That might get me to buy one.

so, 6500 yen is a lot but 10000 yen is little. ALL I can say is...

The correct thing to say is that wii u only costs a little more than ps3 while not being a next gen console. if the previous gen library were an argument, no one would ever upgrade to the next gen. and ps4 will be a wooping 10000 yen more expensive while starting to build it's lineup from scratch. No contest as to wich is the better option in the near future.

Fixed. Wii U library so far is 100% current gen, that's why people don't buy it - it's not an upgrade when compared to what they already have and have had for the lat 7 years. I haven't seen anything on Wii U that would say "next gen" to me. X is probably gonna be first such game, but when is it going to come out? In a year? Maybe. PS4 will be a better choice both in the near and far future - Sony and 3rd parties will see to it. Just look at the launch lineup and don't lie to yourself. PS4 will have more games than Wii U has in short time. Nintendo knows they messed up, they know they underestimated how powerful PS4 is going to be and made Wii U too weak. Now they try to go for the casuals with bundles like this one, cause they know they can't compete with PS4 - something they were hoping they'd be able to do.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Nintendo going 100% casual again. Can't they see that the bubble has exploded? And they slightly raise the price on the top of that! Difficult times ahead...

casual? again? what world do you live in? nintendo always cared about making quality titles and that's what they always did.

Haters gonna hate, haters gonna hate. You can show them the future, yet they still live in the past. This is not for you haters, this is for the masses, for the only people that can turn this around without hating, the casuals. Nintendo knows how to get them, it can take time but they are the only one doing it with just pure software.

inb4 inevitable should've been bundled originally talk. Yes, especially in America.

Maybe America will also need Mario Kart 8 Bundles next year, that should bloody work.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Scisca said:
Zero999 said:

The correct thing to say is that wii u only costs a little more than ps3 while being a next gen console. if the previous gen library were an argument, no one would ever upgrade to the next gen. and ps4 will be a wooping 10000 yen more expensive while starting to build it's lineup from scratch. No contest as to wich is the better option in the near future.

Fixed. Wii U library so far is 100% current gen, that's why people don't buy it - it's not an upgrade when compared to what they already have and have had for the lat 7 years. I haven't seen anything on Wii U that would say "next gen" to me. X is probably gonna be first such game, but when is it going to come out? In a year? Maybe. PS4 will be a better choice both in the near and far future - Sony and 3rd parties will see to it. Just look at the launch lineup and don't lie to yourself. PS4 will have more games than Wii U has in short time. Nintendo knows they messed up, they know they underestimated how powerful PS4 is going to be and made Wii U too weak. Now they try to go for the casuals with bundles like this one, cause they know they can't compete with PS4 - something they were hoping they'd be able to do.

keep saying it to yourself. Curé may strike.

Around the Network

Nice bundle. But we have the nsmbu and nslu bundle.

Zero999 said:
Scisca said:
Zero999 said:

The correct thing to say is that wii u only costs a little more than ps3 while not being a next gen console. if the previous gen library were an argument, no one would ever upgrade to the next gen. and ps4 will be a wooping 10000 yen more expensive while starting to build it's lineup from scratch. No contest as to wich is the better option in the near future.

keep saying it to yourself. Curé may strike.

I expected you to not have a single argument.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

It looks like the games are pre-installed. Cheaper for Nintendo to install a digital version than adding a retail one, I suppose.
What I'm surprised is how, like Wind Waker HD, Wii Fit U will get an earlier digital release.

I think WiiFitU will be released retail until february, so that's 3 months in advance. I'm expecting more to come in this way. NSLU, WWHD, WiiFit U and WiiSports Club.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ryuzaki57 said:
Nintendo going 100% casual again. Can't they see that the bubble has exploded? And they slightly raise the price on the top of that! Difficult times ahead...

They've just released a bundle for Zelda which is clearly not for the casual audience.  And why does one bundle aimed towards casual fans mean they're going 100% casual?  When Sony made a Sports Champions bundle, does that mean they went 100% casual?  When Nintendo made a Zombi U bundle, did that mean they went 100% hardcore?  And, yeah, they raised the price and added something.  Sony did the same thing with the PS3 with the Super Slim.  Nintendo did the same thing with the 3DS.  There is nothing wrong with raising the price, and they'll presumably have the cheaper bundle available for those that want it.  I guess some people will try to put a negative spin on anything Nintendo...

vfguy said:
I don't know if it will make a difference. A PS3 is 6500 yen cheaper and offers a massive library compared with the Wii U's paltry selection.

The PS4 is clearly on the horizon as well and will only cost 10000 yen more than this bundle.

Bundling is obviously a cheaper way to "lower the price" than actually lowering the price and taking a loss on the hardware.

Personally, along with a cheaper price and more games, I would like a really cool Japanese Wii U LE console. That might get me to buy one.

PS3 is 6500 yen cheaper.  Factor in a second remote, and you're down to 3900 yen cheaper.  Factor in a game that is about 6000 yen, and you're more expensive with one less game.  As of now I don't believe that the PS3 comes with a game, but correct me if I'm wrong.  Now factor in the features of the Wii U.  Better graphics, Miiverse, remote play, multiplayer possibilities, Nintendo's lineup, and a console that will see more support, and it's clear to see why the Wii U will be a better option for many people.

As for the PS4, once you factore in a game and a second controller, you're looking at about 12,000 yen more.  If you want to talk about libraries, the Wii U's at the time will be far better than the PS4 launch lineup.  If you want to look past the launch, the PS4 won't have titles like Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, NSMB U, or quality casual games, and they won't have Nintendo first parties either.  The Wii U also has some features mentioned before that will be appealing to some customers.

I'm not saying that the Wii U is necessarily a better value than the PS4 for everyone, but if you look at it through non-biased eyes, it's easy to see why the Wii U is going to be a better value than PS4.

Scisca said:
Zero999 said:
vfguy said:

The correct thing to say is that wii u only costs a little more than ps3 while not being a next gen console. if the previous gen library were an argument, no one would ever upgrade to the next gen. and ps4 will be a wooping 10000 yen more expensive while starting to build it's lineup from scratch. No contest as to wich is the better option in the near future.

Statement 1:  The Wii U's library is too current gen for people to buy it.

Statement 2:  The PS4's launch lineup (80% of which are direct last gen ports) is awesome.

Lol wut?