By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America is ungrateful...

Nice article.... Leno basically said everything ive been thinking about the way things in America have been since about 2002-2003.... and he's the ONLY famous celebrity and entertainer who has the BALLS to say what he feels and go against the groupthought of the Hollywood and Media elite that permiates today's society.

The fact is that we here in America have more luxuries and live better, more comfortable lives now than even just a few decades ago... I mean just look back to as recently as the mid 70's when the economy was in a much greater recession then what they say we're in now and the standard of living, although still one of the best in the world at the time, wasn't  nearly as good as it is today with all the new luxuries and amenities we have.

And yet people find more and more stuff to bitch and whine about, especially American celebrities, who have the greatest standard of living in all of the world, EVER!   I agree that we should reflect on everything we have and how lucky we are that we aren't stuck in some third world shithole where people live like its still the 7th century.

And to the nitwits who keep blabbing about how America doesn't have free healthcare...  with Hillary Clinton saying she wants to garnish the wages of workers in order to fund her proposed health care system and people in other countries with "free" health care like Canada and Britain having to wait on long lines or even having to go to other countries *cough* USA *cough* for some surgeries or certain kinds of procedures,   you can all keep your "free" healthcare, we've done just fine without it for over 2 centuries now thankyou very much   Yeah tell me again how Cuba is a worker's paradise and is so great cuz of free healthcare... thats why people are floating over here in tires and boats made out of old pick-up trucks... i dont see anyone swimming to canada or the UK for free healthcare... am i missing something?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

We should provide free health care for people in US who can not afford it. Now that would be a great idea.

Yet again a thread meant to make you look at your live and realize how grateful you should be turns into a racial and politcal war.

America is becoming a very ungrateful and rude nation.

>We should provide free health care for people in US who can not afford it. Now that would be a great idea.

There's no such thing as "free health care", you pay high taxes, and pay 200 bucks for a PS2. ;) and 4+ dollars per litre of gas (15 dollars per gallon)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Too many people are being put in US prisons for minor offences. Now if more government money was spent on healthcare, education and social welfare, less money on BS wars leading nowhere. US government is corrupt and cares little for the plight of its citizens who are unfortunate to be living in poverty. How about more compassion?

Around the Network

Bush has destroyed all goodwill and most frienships you had outside US and the enemies poor old US has been getting during his years have ten folded and I think you should all be happy for your nation that he can´t be president longer.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

insomniac17 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Yes you sent a link for the presidents, but saying the worst is saying you know what each president did for the country and can rate them based on that. Either way saying G. W. is horrible for one mistake when he has actually done as much good as he could, I'm sorry I really don't think this country would be in as good of shape after 9/11 if we had Gore.

No one seems to protest Afghanistan, but you bring up Iraq and people will whine on and on, don't forget a lot of that money is also going towards funding the troops in Afghanistan and the building up from the nothingness they had before we came, so we got bad intelligence from the CIA about Iraq, stuff happens, saying someone acted on bad information that he wouldn't have known to be bad information is stupid, everyone has done it, if you hate him for it you should hate everyone that has done it. A good quote on this"One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness." "Though it seems enough to condemn him." (if you can guess the Movie YOU ARE WINNAR)

He may be president but he's human like everyone else, and you can't forget that's it's as much the Senate and House's fault they approved the extended stay and the budgets and got the same information as G.W. did and agreed it was the best plan so please stop being ignorant, pick up a book and read not sit there drool at the TV and listen to everything you hear and see.

Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl!!

While it is true that "stuff happens," this was kindof a bad mistake... Though I do agree on a lot of you're points. 

You are the winner my friend, and I said stuff to be PG I would have said the other, cause it turned into a bid steaming pile.

Personally I think taking Saddam out of power by any means should have happened LONG ago (he wouldn't very well hand over the country to his own people), Saddam killed so many of his OWN citizens for either speaking out, relatives protesting, or just to test some new gas he made to be put into a bomb, US forces found mass burial sites all over the country cause of things like that, his people was oppressed and people risked their lives to escape Iraq, the people could do nothing to fight back, if one man and his military controls all weapons, money, and power, theres no way to fight back, America done it only because we were a whole ocean away and we had the means to do so (weapons, food, knowledge of war), and after Saddam would have died (I've heard the argument that he would croke eventually) his sons would have taken over, which were worse then he was, they were known for raping and killing women for their own sick pleasure, I'm sorry but if you're the big guy on campus and you see a little weak guy getting the crap beat out of him you should help, same goes for opressed people, everyone deserves the right to do what they want and make their country what they want it to be.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Speaking of heathcare one of the things that always stuck with me from the movie Sicko was the guy in the U.S. who had to choose which finger to have reattached to his hand after an accident because he couldn't afford to pay to have both of them reattached. Could you imagine that happening to you or someone you loved?

I am very grateful to be living in America. There is a reason why my parents left their home country to move here and I'm very grateful that they did.
President Bush might not be the greatest president, but he still is my president and I don't like it when people bash him too much.

I think most people in America are grateful. Still the best country in the world.

The ignorant statements are getting really old now...

A. I come from one of those poor families everyone talks about, yet speaks out for "me" yet don't sit there and think of what the hell people like me think.

B. I'm poor but I worked my ass off to be able to go to college, with little to no cost to me.

C. My mom is a part of that percent that is out of work and can't get a job in her field, its part of free market, its what this country is built on the job markets pick up and slow down, YET with all of that I still have a relatively new Laptop and internet connection, it's amazing what a poor family can do with budgeting.

D. This is the only country where I can do all of the above, I would live no where else, people need to appreciate what they have, and instead of complaining or "worrying about the little guy" they need to actually do work if they want this country to improve.

Actually listen and thank to the others that make sense...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000