By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America is ungrateful...

http://hdrstats.undp.org/countries/data_sheets/cty_ds_USA.html

Scroll to 4, Human and income poverty.

Maxwell, the countries of Zimbabwe, North Korea, Syria, Belarus, Cuba, Burma, and Libya can all be described as dictatorships similar to Saddam's in many respects. In most they allow no political paticipation beyond a small elite, and in some the rest of the citizenry is brutalized in unimaginably cruel ways.

Tell me, when are we going to invade them and liberate their oil people?

Around the Network

Oh yeah telling the people with cancer that cancer treatment is experimental and denying to save money for US health insurance companies. Tragically that US citizen who has healthcare dies a slow and painful death. Now that would be manslaughter by the insurance company. All US governments and health insurance companies care about is profit even if innocent people need to die.

coolestguyever said:
> H. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and they might even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

With USA's lack of free health care, that would cost the person an arm and a leg, pardon the pun.
Yeah, but at least since our health care isn't run by the government, we'd still have that arm and leg.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

BCoca-Cola said:
I am very grateful to be living in America. There is a reason why my parents left their home country to move here and I'm very grateful that they did.
President Bush might not be the greatest president, but he still is my president and I don't like it when people bash him too much.

I think most people in America are grateful. Still the best country in the world.

Bravo dude, Where were your parens from?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
MaxwellGT2000 said:
The ignorant statements are getting really old now...

A. I come from one of those poor families everyone talks about, yet speaks out for "me" yet don't sit there and think of what the hell people like me think.

B. I'm poor but I worked my ass off to be able to go to college, with little to no cost to me.

C. My mom is a part of that percent that is out of work and can't get a job in her field, its part of free market, its what this country is built on the job markets pick up and slow down, YET with all of that I still have a relatively new Laptop and internet connection, it's amazing what a poor family can do with budgeting.

D. This is the only country where I can do all of the above, I would live no where else, people need to appreciate what they have, and instead of complaining or "worrying about the little guy" they need to actually do work if they want this country to improve.

Actually listen and thank to the others that make sense...

Really?  You don't think people are able to do those things in Canada, UK, Australia, France, etc?  Hell in France your tuition is free for example.  Canada (where I'm from) has student loans, bursaries, grants, etc.  Don't get me wrong I think America is a great country, I've been to Florida numerous times along with other states but other countries are great as well.

Around the Network
Desroko said:
http://hdrstats.undp.org/countries/data_sheets/cty_ds_USA.html

Scroll to 4, Human and income poverty.

Maxwell, the countries of Zimbabwe, North Korea, Syria, Belarus, Cuba, Burma, and Libya can all be described as dictatorships similar to Saddam's in many respects. In most they allow no political paticipation beyond a small elite, and in some the rest of the citizenry is brutalized in unimaginably cruel ways.

Tell me, when are we going to invade them and liberate their oil people?

Haha very funny with the oil thing, funny thing is if you actually read your history most of the oil problems and dictatorships in the middle east was caused by European countries after World War 2 and the leaders over there chose the redistricting of many countries, like Iraq, Iran, pretty much all of those in that area, then appointed who they wanted in power to give them the natural resources from those countries, and all of that not even taking into considderation what the people of those areas wanted.  There's been mistakes but going into a country and trying to let the PEOPLE finally choose the way they want their country ran is not a bad thing especailly when it's cleaning up a mess that has been little over 60 years in the making.

Cuba was our fault, yep it was, big mistake, we put Fadel Castro into power cause he told us he was all for democracy, JFK failed at trying to fix it yet we don't call him a bad president.

North Korea isn't doing so well, they finally opened relations because they can't support themselves very well, we can work on them, but yeah if he keeps trying to make those nukes and pointing them at us I'm all for laying him out too.

I would go on but you bore me.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@kingofware
S. Korea.
My father escaped N. Korea during the war.

Healthcare: Our healthcare is not perfect, but I still think it's better than most. Our free market system allows best doctors and technologies. It's sad that people actually believe doctors and insurance companies let people die for profit. (that's being ungrateful)

War: There are other countries that are evil, but for the U.S. Iraq was/is strategic.

I know many countries complain about American military, but I'm sure even Iraq doesn't want us out.
I know that S. Koreans always complain about U.S. military presence there, but if there was a vote tomorrow, most will want America to stay. There is a new president in S. Korea now who will be our allies once again.

It was after World War I, actually. Saudi Arabia was founded in 1923, for example. And we didn't put Castro in power - Fulgencio Batista was a US client.

And you didn't answer the question. You think it's great that we liberated the Iraqis, who are now free to fight a civil war. Why don't we do the same for oppressed people everywhere, though? What makes Iraq so special?

Besides the oil, of curse.

Jay Lenno doesn't know what living life is about, and should never be listened to when it comes to his "opinions".

In other words, he's a goldspoon asslicker with very little sense of what's really going on in the world.

Legend11 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
The ignorant statements are getting really old now...

A. I come from one of those poor families everyone talks about, yet speaks out for "me" yet don't sit there and think of what the hell people like me think.

B. I'm poor but I worked my ass off to be able to go to college, with little to no cost to me.

C. My mom is a part of that percent that is out of work and can't get a job in her field, its part of free market, its what this country is built on the job markets pick up and slow down, YET with all of that I still have a relatively new Laptop and internet connection, it's amazing what a poor family can do with budgeting.

D. This is the only country where I can do all of the above, I would live no where else, people need to appreciate what they have, and instead of complaining or "worrying about the little guy" they need to actually do work if they want this country to improve.

Actually listen and thank to the others that make sense...

Really?  You don't think people are able to do those things in Canada, UK, Australia, France, etc?  Hell in France your tuition is free for example.  Canada (where I'm from) has student loans, bursaries, grants, etc.  Don't get me wrong I think America is a great country, I've been to Florida numerous times along with other states but other countries are great as well.

And still have my standard of living, while having such low income? Yeah a lot of countries offer that but I wouldn't have the things I have, no I don't believe that America is the only one that can let a poor guy like me go to college, but it's the only one where I get as nice of things as I have, for cheap... I know the costs of things elseware I wouldn't be able to afford half of the things I have... and when I say ALL of the above I meant, standard of living, having the things I have, going to college, and still being able to feed myself at a resturant when I want.  I love this country, but you don't hear about all of those poor to rich success stories from other countries thats why people come here, even poverty here is higher standard of living then their country and then their kids have the full ability to work hard enough for their education.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000