By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America is ungrateful...

^ Except Vietnam WAS full of communists.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7407245

We ARE greatful for our troops and we honor and pray for them everyday...
Yes we have air conditioning and such and such
and we are greatful to be one of the richest nations in the world...
Its just the commander in cheif.
He's directing us into the wrong direction spending trillions of dolllars on the war on iraq and getting only a little bit of peace after 5yr of combat.
this war has led our economy to fall into almost a recession
we are ungreatful that OUR jobs are being shipped overseas and not staying here putting money into the pockets or our americans.

We are not ungrateful for the things we have but the things that we don't have but should have if it weren't for bush

The poster has a point there is a lot of things that americans have that other people in the world do not generally speaking. However I think the OP misses the point is that things are not permanent and require care and funding to maintain and the time to debate this stuff is before you lose the infrastructure that we have not after. The romans had running water.
I think it is also fair to point out that this entire list is not true even today. Lots of peopel go day to day without electricity or water. Many of these people have their electricity shut off because they can't afford it or they are homeless(and there are a lot of homeless people in the US). There is a town in tenessee which didn't have running water for a few months this year they were only allowed to turn the water on for an hour a day and peopel were filling their bathtubs up with water so they could flush toilets and the such. Water restrictions are also common in other places where water can be scarce during certain times of the year.

Not every home has Air conditioning and not every home has heating(Canada does a better job in terms of gettign these in too peoples houses.) On extrememly hot days when energy draw is high it is also not uncommon to not let people use Air Conditioning unless they are Elderly or have children.

the 95.4 percent number you spout out is the unemployment rate not the jobless rate there is a difference once you are off unemployment you are no longer counted even if you don't have a job.

Yes we have more food than Darfur and we are also not a country that is at war or experience traumatic events. This si an expectation if we did not have these there would be riots but this has nothign to do with civil rights are founding fathers were not starving when they revolted against the british. It is not a staple measurement of political happiness(though the french were starving when they revolted)

This isn't saying much I can do this in Canada, Russia(well across country), China and so fourth in Europe you are actually changin countries and yes you have to show ID to cross the Canadian and mexican borders and you even need a passport if you wish to fly there.

F and G are signs of a stable economy that supports different business and are not Unique to just the US and have little to do with freedom or once again individual happiness.

H yes they will do that and could it be that when you get the bill for that helicoptor you will never be able to pay it off or that you will get substandard care since the hospitals will be afraid of getting paid unless they have really good insurance.

Owning property is a good thing but there is 30% of the population which does not or roughly 100 million people.

J is like H and againnot unique to the US

K Yeahhhhh right. I got robbed by getting hit in the back of the head in April came through 8 hours later to find everything taken(roughly 12 grand worth of stuff) the police showed up after I came through and called them and didn't do anythign because I said I went out the night before to a bar and was drinking(It was a friday night/saturday morning). they really didn't seem to care because they at least left the furniture. This more common than not. Is ay this not to discredit the police they do more than there fair share fo work but it is far from the ideal you just spat out.

L ever been to asia seems like a lot more people have cell phones over there than here also the rest of world is not let lose in a chaotic tumble of rapeing and pillaging just because it is not the US. this argument coudl also apply to an authortian state like most of your other comments.

What about the president who fumbled Afghanstain or just sat there reading a book after the worst disaster in a long time on US soil. What abuot the president who thought all the people in New Orleans were just lining up to go see a football game or botched up and increased beauracracies by adding the DHS? the president who devalued the dollar and increased the debt. What about the president whos fix for an economy is to pull 50,000 people which helps keep unemployment down but will cause a spike after the war is done, or the president who allowed the housing market to baloon to redicously high rates causing a massive increase in foreclosures?
The soldiers in Iraq are not dieing for our freedoms I would say the ones in Afghanstan are and most soldiers are not going to say no. I respect the soldiers. I do have disdain for a president who can not speak, think or even properly handle an economy or rigths. Do you like knowing that your phone calls may be monitored that your emails, maybe being read, that the books you check out at the library could be monitored and dent to the FBI for no reason without a warrant? Do you like to give up your privacy for security do you like to give up your freedoms for your security. I do not I would rather be broker than to have to be concerned about what the goverment thinks about me or wether I can fly because the goverment likes me. I do not like beig blind. there is a lot of good stuff in this country some of which you listed some of which you did not but if you want to fix things you have to look at the bad and address those issues.

Mnementh said:
Bursche said:

And just because he recieved the popular vote doesnt mean he couldve handled 9/11 better. I guarantee we would not have went into Afghanistan if he was in office, and Al Quada would still have it under its grasps. Theres a reason why the media never says anything about Afghanistan, because it is a better place now and who wants to hear the good news right?

Here in europe is Afghanistan regularly in the media. For the ongoing fights, for terrorists attacks, for ongoing Taliban influence and for the record year for drug-farmers. Admitted, Iraq makes it to the media more often, but Afghanistan has it's media-coverage. As I said, hear in euope. Possibly american media don't cover the failures there. But the US-government knows about that and wants more german troops in Afghanistan.

Yea in the US it gets almost no coverage at all. The last time I heard it was going good, elections and taliban were under control. The opium is very much a problem, I just never hear any bad news about it thusly why i believed it was under better circumstances. I eat the crow.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
Mnementh said:
I don't want to answer most of your points, you're too ill to argue with you. But this one:
L.C.E.C. said:

3. Underage sex... Humans' sexual organs are not fully developed before 18, and just because you had no consequences YET, doesn't mean your partner didn't, and it also means that you may still end up with consequences. It can take up to 10 years for STDs to start producing symptoms.

STD have nothing todo with age. You can get them at any age with nonsafe sex.

I didn't say that. The Age part was saying that Humans' sexual organs are not fully developed before 18.

Hmm, before you said: '3. Underage sex... Humans' sexual organs are not fully developed before 18, and just because you had no consequences YET, doesn't mean your partner didn't, and it also means that you may still end up with consequences. It can take up to 10 years for STDs to start producing symptoms.' If you don't mean it together with STD, why you talked about them? If you say yourself, that underage sex has nothing to do with STD, why you said the last sentence? Typical FUD-tactics. If you have no real arguments, you talk two completely unrelated things together to make it seem, like they have some link. Simple manipulation tactics.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Bursche said:
Mnementh said:
Bursche said:

And just because he recieved the popular vote doesnt mean he couldve handled 9/11 better. I guarantee we would not have went into Afghanistan if he was in office, and Al Quada would still have it under its grasps. Theres a reason why the media never says anything about Afghanistan, because it is a better place now and who wants to hear the good news right?

Here in europe is Afghanistan regularly in the media. For the ongoing fights, for terrorists attacks, for ongoing Taliban influence and for the record year for drug-farmers. Admitted, Iraq makes it to the media more often, but Afghanistan has it's media-coverage. As I said, hear in euope. Possibly american media don't cover the failures there. But the US-government knows about that and wants more german troops in Afghanistan.

Yea in the US it gets almost no coverage at all. The last time I heard it was going good, elections and taliban were under control. The opium is very much a problem, I just never hear any bad news about it thusly why i believed it was under better circumstances. I eat the crow.

The lack of coverage of that in the US is just plain creepy. I've always wondered if things were going on there that we were just unaware of.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Moongoddess256 said:
Bursche said:
Mnementh said:
Bursche said:

The lack of coverage of that in the US is just plain creepy. I've always wondered if things were going on there that we were just unaware of.

Eh i wouldn't say it's creepy.  Just that Iraq is worse.  Once we pull out of Iraq the media will pound on Afghanistan with the same fury.  

Moongoddess256 said:
Bursche said:
Mnementh said:
Bursche said:

Remember, the cable news channels and nightly news are much more interested in car crashes, Michael Jackson, dog fighting, drunk girls missing in Aruba, runaway brides, etc etc.  We don't even hear that much about Iraq anymore since things have somewhat improved.  Why report good news?

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Kasz216 said:
Moongoddess256 said:
Bursche said:
Mnementh said:
Bursche said:

Eh i wouldn't say it's creepy.  Just that Iraq is worse.  Once we pull out of Iraq the media will pound on Afghanistan with the same fury.  

What is happening in Afghaiastan and Pakistan is far worse than Iraq. The problems that we caused there and our decision not to rebuild or improve the infrastructure there is a massive failure and itisn't the first time we did this in that area. Afghanistan is an extremely impoverished nation and a place that is rife with instability.