By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LoZ Wind Waker HD Is Now The 2nd Highest Title On eShop (US)! Super Metroid Is #1

I think it's safe to say that many Wii U owners bought Super Metroid @30cents. We may no know why Metroid can't crawl, but we do know it sold a lot.

Around the Network

I think that a high percentage of this game sales will be of digital sales.
Heck! Not only it climbed very, very fast on the eshop rankings, but also its miiverse community is growing really really fast.

I believe this is a clear indicator that we can´t ignore digital sales anymore, retail sales alone simply don´t express the consumer market anymore . WiiU owners seem to have really engaged themselves into it. It won´t be a surprise if, in the end, the digital version sells better than the retail one.

I bought Super Metroid again despite I already have on Wii. I guess those are good numbers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
I bought Super Metroid again despite I already have on Wii. I guess those are good numbers.

yea it sucks we cant estimate it, on 3DS eshop at least we can if it surpasses Fire Emblem (meaning the game has 90k+ sales digitally)

oh welllll..... We do need #s :-/

We'll surely get the numbers from Nintendo's next quarter report. I would expect they are very high, in large part due to the digital version releasing early, and the bundled version being digital.

Around the Network

Rivaling a $0.30 Super Metroid, one of the best games ever, is enough to say!

The bundle must bee helping quite a bit.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

I don`t think it`s just the bundle. The game was available digitally since September the 20th.
Seeing as it is only second to a widely praised 0.30$ game, is very good.

Of course, this is just about the US market. It could be doing less worldwide.

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:

yea it sucks we cant estimate it, on 3DS eshop at least we can if it surpasses Fire Emblem (meaning the game has 90k+ sales digitally)

oh welllll..... We do need #s :-/

Even without numbers, we can estimate that the bundle did very good. I'm expecting this holiday the NSMBU+NSLU and a SM3DWorld / Wii Fit U new bundles. All with downloadable codes.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The disc copy debuted at number 4 in the UK charts, behind Fifa, GTAV and Minecraft. Not bad considering the install base, also the EU Miiverse community is growing at a rapid pace. :)