By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA IS KING once again! Call of Duty suck it (Past $1 Billion dollars in 3 days!)

badgenome said:
Impressive but also sad that this record will be so short lived with Knack right around the corner.

Please, please, please let someone else be able to appreciate this guy's witty sarcasm. 

Ughh... so good!

Around the Network

I mean with a 265 million budget and 5 years in development I expect it to outsell CoD. But when it comes down to it, if GTA was to release annually against CoD it would have 0 chance to have comparable sells to CoD.

dsage01 said:
oldschoolfool said:
CGI-Quality said:
Mojammer said:
GTA5 is a much bigger game than any CoD so far and likely any future CoD seeing as it is on a slight decline, however as a franchise CoD is quite a bit bigger than GTA. From 2008 to today GTA has sold almost 40 million copies. CoD on the other hand has sold 115 million.

How exactly is it much bigger? In fact, how is it bigger than the biggest CoD titles?  A few days will not determine that, either.

Does it really matter. I'm predicting that call of duty ghost will probably pass those numbers,that still doesn't take away the success that is GTAV. I Love the GTA franchise and like the call of duty franchise,so I hope they both continue to do well. 

COD Ghosts will have to do more than DOUBLE of BO2 and MW3 in order to beat GTA V first week sales and right now basing on its pre orders and pre launch hype...it will be extremely lucky to do even half of BO2's first day in its first week...

Just saying it'll be half of BO2 in it's first week is slightly misleading because that won't be the full release.  Once the PS4 and XB1 are released it'll make up most of the difference, though I still think it'll be down a bit in revenue (the actual number of units moved could be higher since I'm sure a fair number of people will upgrade from current-gen to next-gen).

Cj2i3 said:
I mean with a 265 million budget and 5 years in development I expect it to outsell CoD. But when it comes down to it, if GTA was to release annually against CoD it would have 0 chance to have comparable sells to CoD.

And how do we know that?

dsage01 said:
Cj2i3 said:

And how do we know that?

GTA doesn't release annually, if Take-Two knew it could make the same type of profits that CoD makes annually they would no doubt dedicate 2 studios to pound out a GTA every two years. But this is not the case, if it was to release every 2 years you could expect a huge dip in quality and a fan base which turns on the game leaving the sales to decrease substantially every year. Activision knows what it has going for it exploits the fans and their wallets for loving the addictive multiplayer and over the top campaign and massively profits. Ubisoft does the same with the AssCreed.

Around the Network
Marks said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Attoyou said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Up yours Call of Duty! Rust in peace. Ghosts will flop!

lol, no. 

Meh. a man can dream =/

It flopping is a bit of a stretch, but hopefully it'll be the first CoD in a long time to not outsell it's predecessor. And it definitely won't come close to GTAV

if you havent noticed BLOPS 2 sold less than MW3 so it is declining for now. That was with the extra Wii U version

Actually COD is declining we dont have to wait the numbers are their unless Ghosts sells better than Blops 2 but i cant imagine why it would

man-bear-pig said:
VGPolyglot said:
It depends on what Modern Warfare 3's worldwide first day numbers were.

Well considering its worldwide 1st week was $775m, it's not a contender...

@badgenome, LOL

Long time no see.

I told you guys weeks ago, this game will outsell cod and battlefield on current gen systems combined

marational said:
badgenome said:
Impressive but also sad that this record will be so short lived with Knack right around the corner.

Please, please, please let someone else be able to appreciate this guy's witty sarcasm. 

Ughh... so good!

The fact that you've been here since 2007 and only posted ONCE and that one reply is to badgenome--that speaks volumes!