By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA IS KING once again! Call of Duty suck it (Past $1 Billion dollars in 3 days!)

Is amazing how shitty games sell so much!!!!

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Uncharted & The Last of Us 

(Definitely, best games of last Gen)

Around the Network

I don't know why people are quick to count Call of Doody out. Didn't we decide last year that people were tired of the franchise and that it was on the decline and then Black Ops 2's opening day destroyed all expectations?

attaboy said:
I don't know why people are quick to count Call of Doody out. Didn't we decide last year that people were tired of the franchise and that it was on the decline and then Black Ops 2's opening day destroyed all expectations?

pre orders are low for ghosts, and the compeition this year is much greater then medal of of failure. 

I will be picking up my coy this week end :) . 

badgenome said:
Impressive but also sad that this record will be so short lived with Knack right around the corner.

zimbabwe dollars? 

I gotta say I'm glad someone broke the COD spree

Around the Network

COD does similar numbers yearly, sad but true.

attaboy said:

This post above is Vanellope approved!

In regards to Ghost, what exactly is it bringing new to CoD?  I am not seeing anything but a dog.   But, considering this is a transition year, you likely have a number of people getting a next gen console, and they could be putting off buying until they decide what they are going to preorder.

PigPen said:
dsage01 said:

Grand Theft Auto became the king in SA launched and shattered all records in 2004. Since then

Halo 3

- That record was later shattered by Halo 3 in 2007 when it made  $170 million only in the US in its first day...still it was unable to achieve the LT sales of GTA SA on the PS2.

Grand Theft Auto: IV

- GTA IV released in 2008 and broke that record by making $310 million on its first day and $500 million on its first week. 

- On year later Call of Duty Started breaking launch records for 4 years straight.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2:

- $310 million on its first day and $550 million on its first week.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

- $360 million on its first day and $650 on its first week.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3:

- $400 million in USA and UK alone on its first day and $775 million on its first week.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

- $500 million worldwide on its first day and close to $800 million on its first week.

And now..

Grand Theft Auto V:

- $800 million on its first day (not including Japan)...enough said.

What are your reactions?

First day sales you win, for now.  Call Of Duty: Ghosts is going to smash "Grand Theft Auto 5" sales in the long run.  Call Of Duty is putting up numbers like 15 million worldwide sales on the Xbox360 alone.  Now that the Nintendo Wii U is now in that market is just more $$$.  

1. Majority for COD sales are usually in the first couple weeks whereas GTA usually has great legs due to great word of mouth...

2. Wii U is a huge failue

3. GTA V will most likely end up making more than 15 million on its highest console by the end of the year

gtcarro said:
Is amazing how shitty games sell so much!!!!

I hope your not referring to GTA V...

Lyrikalstylez said:

COD was a plague, I'm glade it will now fall into oblivion when it comes to videogame history!

I don't really see whats wrong with CoD.

But hating it became hipster gospel this gen.