By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How depressing. 3D in Pokemon X&Y for battles only.

Found this on GAF.

From the latest Pokemon X & Y Commercial on TV:

And Neogaf User Dawg:

Originally Posted by Dawg  

Sorry to burst your bubble but I played the demo and can confirm 100% 3D is only used in battles, not the overworld.

I'd like to add 3D causes framedrops if you use moves with a lot of effects, no problems in 2D though.

----------------------------------------

Does Nintendo ever patch 3DS titles? Not like this is making me cancel my pre-orders for both titles, but this truly is disappointing for me. Not sure what it will be like playing a game that jumps in and out of 3D like that. That and 3D causing frame rate issues make you wonder why even bother with 3D at all.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Wait.. what? Am I reading this correctly? 3D is disabled in the overworld?

Very, very disappointing. I'm one of the few people who have 3D always 100% on.

EDIT: Also, Nintendo patched MK7 correcting the Maka Wuhu glitch.

Bwuh?

Love and tolerate.

Wow must really be stretching the 3DS hardware.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Hmm, well I'll wait and see to determine if I care.

I usually play with 3D on, but Pokemon is more of a collecting game than an epic story awesomeness that I might not have it on to save battery cause it will be long sessions.

For instance, had 3D on first time playing Fire Emblem, but rarely do anymore. Not that the 3D isn't amazing, but because I'm usually only half paying attention to the game when playing and also saving batttery cause play at long spurts.

Hmm speaking of Fire Emblem, they could have done this to that game as well. Don't really need 3D for the overworld. Only cool during cutscenes and battle.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

Wait.. what? Am I reading this correctly? 3D is disabled in the overworld?

Very, very disappointing. I'm one of the few people who have 3D always 100% on.

EDIT: Also, Nintendo patched MK7 correcting the Maka Wuhu glitch.

Game probably chugs badly if it is on during overworld gameplay.

Truly is a shame and I hope they get it fixed at some point. I too am one of the few who always has 3D on.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

can anybody confirm this? i'm pretty sure that this would probably be all over the place if it was true.

Doesn't bother me since i never play 3DS games with the 3D on, but it's still quite amusing :P

MohammadBadir said:
can anybody confirm this? i'm pretty sure that this would probably be all over the place if it was true.

I am sure the commercial itself tells enough. It clearly states it is a "2D game with some 3D gameplay".

Currently playing:

Meh... i dont plan to have 3D on for 80+ hours of game anyways.

Still im not convinced of this though. As overworld is gameplay aswell. Might be an interpretation issue.