By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How depressing. 3D in Pokemon X&Y for battles only.

This is good, means that the 3DS can push more power without the gimmicky 3D that no one uses..

Around the Network
NinjaMonkeyLuchadore said:

I was on the fence about whether or not to get this. But I think this has convinced me to skip it. I absolutely love the 3D effect.

That's extremely small issue to not get this game.....

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

This is really dumb and really really lazy. It's the biggest release published by nintendo on a 3D gaming system. I understand wanting better performance, but pokemons never been a looker. But even if it was an issue you can just create 2 separate assets with the 2nd set being just dumb downed for the first 1 to use 3D (PC does this all the time). Or they could have done something like X is the 3D one and Y is the 2D one or something like that. Hopefully it's not true.

I use 3D a fair amount and I know that a fair amount of people use it (I probably wouldn't play with this on the whole time), but it's still dissapointing

That would be a disappointment. Not that I'll use the 3D though, but it's not a good thing. If it's true, then Gamefreak are terrible at optimizing. Really am wondering how an overworld like that could be using too much processing power for 3D to even work. I guess the move to a 3D-ish environment wasnt easy.

Not sure if I am disappointed or don't care...

I like using the 3d... but not enough to care if a game has it or not

Least not Pokemon that is

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Damn. I bet all 10 people that play with the slider up are pretty mad right now.

doesn't affect me, I have only used the 3D slider a handful of times (and then just to see what it looked like then turn it right back off).

also makes sense as they have the 2DS they are also pushing with this, wouldn't want to have 3D be a massive part of a game they are tying into a revision of the system that can't actually do 3D.

I'm excited about the new region, some of the new pokemon and ideas, etc. I could care less if it came with original gameboy graphics (that would actually be kinda cool).

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)