By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Price Cut Incoming! How Will It Do? Succeed or ... Well Not? (Friday)

How Much Will It Sell in US This Week of Price Cut? (2 days of price cut)

Over 60k 64 26.45%

Between 50k-60k 19 7.85%

Between 40k-50k 36 14.88%

Between 30k-40k 47 19.42%

Between 20k-30k 43 17.77%

Under 20k :'-( 33 13.64%

Total:242
think-man said:

Thought? He still does lol

Oh, thanks. I knew snowdog was one of them and I was pretty sure it was him was talking with snowdog about it in the thread I am thinking of. I just don't remember what thread it was exactly to go look. No wonder he wont give me his expectations because if he thinks it will hit ten mil this year then it needs to start selling 400k a week. we know that it wont hit that in the next two weeks with VGC data so the week of price cut it needs to start selling 460k a week to hit 10mil. Talk about realistic.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:
Zero999 said:

I'm wondering if you are unaware of the software releasing nonstop starting october or if you are aware but thinks sales will drop even with the huge releases.

And? What do you think it will sell in th next few weeks.

I have no idea of the exact weekly numbers but saying sales will decrease with the incoming releases is beyond unrealistic.

I'm pretty sure you were also one of the people that thought the Wii U had a realistic shot of hitting 10mil sales by years end too. Why don't you state what you believe for the record so I can quote you later. You think that something like a price drop being front loaded is unrealistic? I know for sure that you are someone who loves pointing to the 3DS as evidence that the Wii U can reverse its fate. You do realize that the 3ds had an 18% drop after its sales right? Then an 11%. Then an 8%. Then a 9%. Then a 5%. Then a 7%. So yes, I think it's realistic to expect a drop after a price drop boost. I would say its unrealistic to think that the price drop will have a consistant WoW raise effect or flat effect.

you do realize the wii u, unlike 3ds, has big software releasing right after the pricecut, right? so how exactly do you expect sales to drop week after week after the pricecut?

what do you mean by thought (past form)? surely the wii u can hit 10M by years and, there's a probability that it won't but i think the higher chance is that it will.

think-man said:

Thought? He still does lol

Oh, thanks. I knew snowdog was one of them and I was pretty sure it was him was talking with snowdog about it in the thread I am thinking of. I just don't remember what thread it was exactly to go look. No wonder he wont give me his expectations because if he thinks it will hit ten mil this year then it needs to start selling 400k a week. we know that it wont hit that in the next two weeks with VGC data so the week of price cut it needs to start selling 460k a week to hit 10mil. Talk about realistic.

I highly recommend that you don't "say what I think".

and this "it has to sell x starting now" talk doesn't get more credible regardless of how many times you repeat.

Zero999 said:

you do realize the wii u, unlike 3ds, has big software releasing right after the pricecut, right? so how exactly do you expect sales to drop week after week after the pricecut?

what do you mean by thought (past form)? surely the wii u can hit 10M by years and, there's a probability that it won't but i think the higher chance is that it will.

Yeah, just dance and scribblenauts huge system sellers those are. Almost as big as Lego City and W101. Want to talk unrealistic lets talk about your 10mil and you think it has a higher chance of hitting it than not. That means that in the last quarter nintendo needs to ship 7 or 8 million units. Tell me, what indication has the Wii U shown that would suggest to Nintendo, "Hey, we are going to have massive 4th quarter. We better ramp up production" and if there is some indication for nintendo tell me what indication retailers have that they will sell through that large of a shipment to order that many considering I'm sure some still have launch units

Zero999 said:

and this "it has to sell x starting now" talk doesn't get more credible regardless of how many times you repeat.

Oh... Nintendo's financials aren't credible... Okay then... yikes....

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Zero999 said:
Zero999 said:

I'm wondering if you are unaware of the software releasing nonstop starting october or if you are aware but thinks sales will drop even with the huge releases.

And? What do you think it will sell in th next few weeks.

I have no idea of the exact weekly numbers but saying sales will decrease with the incoming releases is beyond unrealistic.

I'm pretty sure you were also one of the people that thought the Wii U had a realistic shot of hitting 10mil sales by years end too. Why don't you state what you believe for the record so I can quote you later. You think that something like a price drop being front loaded is unrealistic? I know for sure that you are someone who loves pointing to the 3DS as evidence that the Wii U can reverse its fate. You do realize that the 3ds had an 18% drop after its sales right? Then an 11%. Then an 8%. Then a 9%. Then a 5%. Then a 7%. So yes, I think it's realistic to expect a drop after a price drop boost. I would say its unrealistic to think that the price drop will have a consistant WoW raise effect or flat effect.

Assuming that you mean the fiscal year, and not the end of 2013, the system would almost have to sell each week from now until the end of March, on average, as it has for the last three months combined, on average.

That strikes me as...very unlikely. That would give even the Wii a run for its money...

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Zero999 said:

Oh... Nintendo's financials aren't credible... Okay then... yikes....

I couldn't find the sense in your post. care to explain how those words relate to my previous post?

Mythmaker1 said:
Zero999 said:

Assuming that you mean the fiscal year, and not the end of 2013, the system would almost have to sell more units each week from now until the end of March than it has for the last three months combined, on average.

That strikes me as...very unlikely. That would give even the Wii a run for its money...

He means years end. As in December 31st it will have 10mil sales to customers

Mythmaker1 said:
Zero999 said:

Assuming that you mean the fiscal year, and not the end of 2013, the system would almost have to sell more units each week from now until the end of March than it has for the last three months combined, on average.

He means years end. As in December 31st it will have 10mil sales to customers

Either way, the system would have to pretty much outsell the original Wii...which doesn't strike me as likely.

Well, looks like the results are in, And I missed. :P