By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Price Cut Incoming! How Will It Do? Succeed or ... Well Not? (Friday)

How Much Will It Sell in US This Week of Price Cut? (2 days of price cut)

Over 60k 64 26.45%

Between 50k-60k 19 7.85%

Between 40k-50k 36 14.88%

Between 30k-40k 47 19.42%

Between 20k-30k 43 17.77%

Under 20k :'-( 33 13.64%

Total:242

Simple Short Answer! 2 Days of Sales for price cut followed by some games in later weeks. Can it do good or does Nintendo Need More Improvements?

Discuss......

Around the Network

hopefully it'll pull a 3DS. it's got a lot of big games coming up in October, like Sonic and others.

I think about the high 40's. It's a good move by Nintendo but I see it as more as a preparation move to increase Christmas sales than something that will generate a lot of sales the week of the pricecut itself.

Any word on whether this deal is coming to the UK yet?

MohammadBadir said:
hopefully it'll pull a 3DS. it's got a lot of big games coming up in October, like Sonic and others.

tbh i dont think we should judge the first week cuz of 2 day sales but wateves! Hopefully it sells 50k+ especially since LoZ WWHD is out digitally!

I have a friend that was looking forward to this bundle but she saw a better value with the PS3 GTA V bundle as it was also cheaper.

As good of a Wii U bundle this it, it just seems like Nintendo still needs to do more for others.

Around the Network

I can't imagine much more than a modest gain, perhaps around 100%-150%. I'll say 25k.

Without new software, moderate price-cuts aren't that effective. The Wii U is just going to have to tough it out until it gets some strong titles next year.

In America I thin it will be 22k,
in europe closer to 15k, but I think Windwaker is out a week later here.

The benefit of the price cut will come into effect with more casual titles like Mario

I don't think windwaker will pull in sales, if it didn't for gamecube why would it for Wii u?

Mh.... it's currently selling 20+k
I think 40-50k is pretty reasonable.